Skyrim Nvidia 3D Vision Optimum Settings

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I was going to post this as a newsbit, but I think there are only three or four of us here who use 3D vision.

In any case, I've held back from using it because I know there are going to be problems in the beginning. I tried it out today and it looked horrible UNTIL I went online to find the right settings. I'd recommend anyone with 3D vision follow this entry to the letter. It changes the whole world. I thought it was beautiful before (except up close), but now it's fantastic.

Here are the optimum settings for 3D Skyrim. The video is for 3D Vision. If you don't have the glasses it will look weird.

As always the sky and water are major problems. Turn off water reflections and get rid of the cursor. There is nothing you can do at the moment for the sky. Later on mods will probably fix this, but for now just don't go staring into the sky.

Now I'm off to enjoy more 3D goodness. Have fun guys.

Edit: I found a hotfix for the sky. I can't guarantee the quality since I have not used it yet, but the other forum members on this site seem to like it. I'm going to wait a bit before trying out any fixes. The sky doesn't bother me that much.

Last edited:
On second thought forget what I just said and wait for a mod to fix it. I went up north and wanted to do some exploring, but the sky and snow were too much of a headache for me, literally I started to get a headache.

Once that is fixed then I'll be set to go in 3D. Too bad, but at least Morrowind looks gorgeous in 3D.

Once that is fixed then I'll be set to go in 3D. Too bad, but at least Morrowind looks gorgeous in 3D.
Fits to my experience that many older games, which do not support NVIDIA 3D by design, look better in 3D then some newer games made for it. May be the Nvidia card /drivers do a better job of producing a 3D image from a non-3D one than the game programmers (though I assume that the latter also only use libraries provided by Nvidia, but I don't know...).
Or may be it is only more obvious in more modern graphics, if it is not so perfect...

However, even in games, where 3d looks very good, I tend to play in 3D only for about half an hour a day and otherwise in normal mode, because it is very tiring for the eyes...

Back
Top Bottom