Dragon Age 2 - The decline of the Classic RPG at Hooked Gamers

My, Drakensang had Orks, too. ;)

:lol:

Okay, TDE has its own Orks - with their unique ciulture, of course. ;)

But I guess that would rather be a topic of the Drakensang background discussions ... ;)

Woo I have learned something, Dragon Age is a Hardcore game and a Classic RPG. :roll:

If that's the base of the analysis it's so ridiculous. I wonder how any experimented RPG player can adhere so such postulate.

Secondly date the decline of Classic RPG to DA2 release, this is just amazing. Wake up guys death of Classic RPG isn't new, it's since a long time.

The only classic RPG I have seen since a very long time is Dragon Knight Saga, could be an Action RPG but that's it, perhaps Avernum series could be put in the category but it's not A RPG like there was classic A RPG.

There were Orcs in it ?

yes.

darkspawn are orcs or at least they look like orcs and act like them.

they are genericly evil creatures who cannot attack on their own and must attack in numbers, again and again. also they are not too bright.

this is also something common with biowear where the majority of the enemies you kill are exp fodder and nothing more.

Well, Darkspawn are still darkspawn to me - okay, I see humans in them,. dwarves, yes, even elves, but they are a "race" of their own to me.

Orcs are a bit different to me - but I guess that's rather because I've learned to know them so differently.

So, in short :

darkspawn = darkspawn ≠ orcs

The darkspawn is to me a "race" of its own.

I agrew with Alrik. Not because I consider Darkspawn all that unique and special, but because the term "Orc" has a rather specific meaning to me (like "Eagle" or "Whale"), and the Darkspawn simply don't fit that description.

The darkspawn might fill the role of the Orc in that game,
but it still isn't an Orc to me.

We have a similar thing in biology : Animals that go into the same ecological niche, although they are in no way related to one another.

Example : Rabbits and Hares. Two different species, although they look almost identical.

Another example is this : the Mole Cricket http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_cricket It looks in parts almost like a Mole, but is a completely different animal.

The darkspawn might fill the role of the Orc in that game,
but it still isn't an Orc to me.

We have a similar thing in biology : Animals that go into the same ecological niche, although they are in no way related to one another.

Example : Rabbits and Hares. Two different species, although they look almost identical.

Another example is this : the Mole Cricket http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_cricket It looks in parts almost like a Mole, but is a completely different animal.

your either really pedantic or autistic to miss what i was going at and then analyze it.

i'm guessing your autistic

...your either really pedantic...

That's the second time you've used that word in the last two days. To quote Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

your either really pedantic or autistic to miss what i was going at and then analyze it.

i'm guessing your autistic

Could be, could be. I was already visiting a small trust that's helping Autists, and I even visited a support group for Autists 2 months ago.

If I have it, then I rather belong to the Asperger group.

Back
Top Bottom