Sweden to provide employment and medical assistance to veteran jihadists

FretRider

Sentinel
The wonders of the paradise of western liberalism strike again:

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.676/sweden-to-reward-returning-isis-jihadists.html

Jihadists returning to Örebro Municipality will get psychological help.

And not only that: Tvärsnytt now reveals that the municipality council are discussing giving them jobs.

- It gives a very inverted signal, Peter Santesson, opinion Director at Demoskop, says to the Swedish newspaper Expressen.

ISIS Jihadists returning to Örebro will be offered help by a psychologist, the municipal leaders have decided. Jihadists are likely to have traumatic experiences and this is where the municipality wants to help.

- We have discussed how we should work for these guys who have come back, and to prevent them from returning to the fighting, and that they should be helped to process the traumatic experiences they have been through, Councilor Rasmus Persson (C), said to SVT "Tvärsnytt".

They also wants to offer the jihadists jobs in the municipality. The initiative is to prevent alienation, which the Örebro Politicians believe is the reason to take part in the fighting in Iraq and Syria. (!)

Terror expert Magnus Ranstorp, a researcher at the National Defence University and head of EU's work on the subject, thinks that Örebro is doing the right thing.

- Critics are completely way off, he says to Expressen and continues:

- They do not know how prevention works. This is about giving these people a structure. Get them back into normality, instead of them recruiting and radicalizing other young people. Preventive work so that they do not relapse into their violent activities. If you do not have preventive work, that's when it could be disastrous consequences.

Oh, for fuck's sake. Is it troll mating season, or something?

Oh, for fuck's sake. Is it troll mating season, or something?

You are not forced to read the thread or comment in it. Far from trolling, it is just an interesting(and hilarious in a sad way) piece of news.

Keep your butthurt censorship fetish away from here, liberal.

A lot of people can't wrap their brain around the simple fact that there are only three ways of preventing criminals from resuming their activities:

- reintegrate them into society

- kill them

- lock them up forever

Note the last point is almost never feasible for costs alone.

Absolutely Sacred but, judging by his posts, Fret is probably all for "kill them" option...

Good luck "reintegrating" the people who come back from murdering, raping and enslaving yazidis and Christians en masse back in Syria. I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Not that I care the least about swedenistan and the suicidal nordic liberal homosexuals who will soon be a minority in their own country, but I would suggest deportation. It would be nice to judge and execute murderers, rapists and slavers, but they commited crimes outside of swedish jurisdiction and swedish law only prescribes a few months in a prison hotel as punishment.

@Sacred
Your ability to equate one extremely complex option (left suitably vague, of course) that contains procedures you happen to like with two extremely straightforward options (not much interpretation available there) that you do not is noted. You kinda constructed a tricky false dichotomy there, except, well, with 3 choices. Well played.

A lot of people can't wrap their brain around the simple fact that there are only three ways of preventing criminals from resuming their activities:

- reintegrate them into society

- kill them

- lock them up forever

Note the last point is almost never feasible for costs alone.

If you don't punish criminals who have perpetrated such horrible acts you send the message that the law doesn't really matter. Why should jihadists get special treatment over domestic criminals because they are jihadists? It doesn't make sense, it is unfair and it is also dangerous.

The need would be for a swift punishment in prison to dissuade others from engaging in acts of terror. If they can do this, come back home and get pampered what's to stop countless more from joining them? It is absurd.

It is no wonder that Islamists are laughing in our face and not respecting us, and that parties like the Front National are booming, because people don't want their elites to allow this to happen and they are ignored over and over again.

ok, what other options would you include dte?

The need would be for a swift punishment in prison to dissuade others from engaging in acts of terror.
You don't have a clue do you? Guess what one of the places where Muslims get radicalised is?

Mind you, I'm not saying that prison shouldn't be an option. Just that it's not always the right or the best one.

Last edited:

You don't have a clue do you? Guess what one of the places where Muslims get radicalised is?

Mind you, I'm not saying that prison shouldn't be an option. Just that it's not always the right or the best one.

Unfortunately, the religious folk do have a clue, it's just not the clue you think it is because it's a lie based hidden motive.

Religious people need people to decry. Religious people need other religious people so that they have a permanent supply of people to decry. So they then hold up their banners and shout "Do you want to be led by THEIR religion - oh, the horrors, come and join OUR defence of the TRUE faith" - it's all part and parcel of the recruitment process, which is why Jewish Zionism was such a hot potato when it was being discussed back in the 1940s. It would, inevitably, lead to a strengthening of religious zeal and recruitment - "JEWS JEWS JEWS" the Imams can now bleat to their heart's content and sit back and watch the dumbs charge through their doors.

Likewise, Christianity loves all the attention religion is getting, "look what you've done now you've forsaken us, your true leaders, see how the Muslims walk all over you, convert now, before they take over!"

Most national leaders don't have any religious faith, even the ones that say they do, they just go with whichever one seems to placate the people best. Churchill apparently considered converting to Islam, In the between-war years when china was divided into random warlords one entire region of China was a Christian state. Religion is nothing more than a social pacifier… which happens to require opposing religions in order to exist.

I wonder how many of those who do return come back radicalized and how many disillusioned? Those who go have their ideas about jihad based mainly on propaganda and, when reality hits, they might not be so keen on it anymore...

lackwit said " Religion is nothing more than a social pacifier… which happens to require opposing religions in order to exist."

Now we see your true colours; that's almost a direct quote from Marx, (Karl, not Groucho)!!

"Reintegration" is a tremendously broad category. I assume, by its omission everywhere else, that you're including the criminally insane in that nice little lump. The way you'd approach those folks would presumably be rather different from the way you'd approach a necrophiliac, a burglar, or a chronic jaywalker. And there would certainly be a discussion there of the approach you'd desire for any one of those situations. Yet, it was all lumped into a single choice, acting as if there was actually a single path there, and then propped up against two other options that don't have anywhere near the spectrum of application nor approach. Tricksy.

The question to ask yourself is would you really want one of these 'jihadists' living next door to you and your children. I wouldn't and I'd be vocal about it. Oh, and I'm not some radical extremist; I have friends from all religious and non-religious persuasions, but I don't want a known terrorist butcher living next door to me!!

You are creating a strawman Corwin. Nobody in their right mind would try to reintegrate "known terrorist". How about a situation when the only thing known about a guy is that he went to Syria or Libya for 6 months?

Please read the TOPIC!! We're NOT talking about tourists, but VETERAN JIHADISTS!!

Back
Top Bottom