Fallout 2 - A Guide to An Idiot @ RPS

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Big Cow Punch: A Guide to An Idiot's Fallout 2 is an after-action-report at Rock, Paper, Shotgun as the writer describes his experiences with Al, a Fallout 2 character with zero intelligence:
Al is an idiot. Not in the mean-spirited, pejorative sense, but in the literal ‘there are dead fleas that make better conversation’ sense. I’ve made a moron. When he was told to quest for the GECK he probably didn’t stoically grit his teeth or ask every question in the conversation tree – as your typical post-apocalyptic typical heroes do – he more likely dribbled from tooth to toe and burbled a few rhymes. GECK? Heck. Neck? Feck.
Huh-huh-huh.
Chosen One? It’s a wonder his tribe didn’t kill him at birth.
What Al lacks in smarts he compensates for in his capacity for violence, however – he’s bigger than a Radscorpion and his Perception rating is so far off the charts that they had to invent a new kind of telescope. I am, in other words, fairly confident that this lummox can handle Fallout 2’s wastelands even despite his skull-headed handicap. It’s not like the Science skill is ever actually useful for anything and, even if it was, Fallout 2 is my game. The one I know inside and out; it’s the one I play in my head when my boss is talking to me. Low Intelligence score isn’t going to hold me back for long. Or so I thought.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom