What games are you playing now?

i thoughrougly enjoyed this alone in the dark myself. its a bit clunky 'til you get to central park, and that first chase scene took over an hour of replays (though the game does give you the unique feature of fast forwarding through difficult spots if you desire). the unique gameplay is what made the game a load of fun for me. the inventory management in my opinion is far more fun and rewarding than most rpgs.
never has a game made duct tape so fun! (though technically its more like electrical tape)

Glad you like it. I am supposed to start a car in the parking house when I was attacked by 3 zombies. I haven't really found a way to kill zombies unless there's piles of fire nearby and I find them extremely difficult to beat down even when they come one and one. The battlecontrols should work in theory, but not in practice. I am very wounded and I just realized that the health spray I picked up is no longer in my inventory so I cannot heal at all. I am almost enchanted by the games weirdness and it's almost like I want to finish it just to be able to say to myself that I did and that I have nerves of steel.

I haven't seen a game this weird since Pathologic.

I was bored enough to run a few levels of Red Faction as well, from 2001.

It will be interesting to see how the new Red Faction game ends up ... don't have high hopes after #2.

It will be interesting to see how the new Red Faction game ends up ... don't have high hopes after #2.

I cannot say that the first one pulls me either. But when you are desperate for something to play when you also feel you do not have time for a long/heavy RPG, you begin to try out those titles you never finished.

I feel an urge to replay Cyberstorm, Cybermage and - of course - Realms of the Haunting after seeing corresponding features on Youtube last night. But what I'm currently playing is Valkyrie Profile 2 on the PS2 and Gemcraft (replaying that one) on the PC...

I have to confess, once I got to the free-roaming parts of Central Park, Alone in the Dark got a whole lot better. I got the hang on the controls and I have resources plenty.

I cannot say that the first one pulls me either. But when you are desperate for something to play when you also feel you do not have time for a long/heavy RPG, you begin to try out those titles you never finished.

That is the problem with a 'gimmick' game - in this case destructible environments. Still not really done better. But the game hangs on that too much.

I got a little good fantasy card game in Impulse last week and spent the weekend free time on it, Astral Masters. I also started playing a PS2 game I've had in the pile for the longest time and so far it's been good, Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, I'm just a few hours into it, but looks very promising, the story is good and the battle system fun.

Turok looks like a cool game I want to like - too bad ive heard nothing good about it!

Playing Kings Bounty and Lords of Everquest, parsed by bouts of L4D.
I wish Turn Based games didnt put me to sleep... ZZzZZzzzzZzzzzzzzzzz

Turok looks like a cool game I want to like - too bad ive heard nothing good about it!

Playing Kings Bounty and Lords of Everquest, parsed by bouts of L4D.
I wish Turn Based games didnt put me to sleep... ZZzZZzzzzZzzzzzzzzzz

LOL to me it's quite the contrary, 90% of the times I've found myself playing at 5am have been with turn based games (the 'one more turn' syndrome). Action games I can't play for more than 1 hour at a time.

It have taken awhile but I have finally reached the last level of Tomb Raider: Underworld.

I heard the next game in the series will be titled - Tomb Raider: Underwear.

They will forego any real plot and just put you in situations to stare at an ultra-realistic modeled Lara ... in her UNDERWEAR!!!!

bah there is already nuderider :p

bah there is already nuderider :p

I actually played a game called Lula 3D on a colleagues laptop a few years back (it never came out in the US) ... embarrassing!

I'm playing DoMo(Dream of Mirrors Online). It's really cool and is better suited for me than a lot of MMORPGs. Pros: No lag, good story, wide variety of choices for characters and jobs, PETS!=D, the ability to create a group, the ability to create a guild, strange costumes, lots of jobs, neat graphics, nice music(if you remember to turn it on. lol) Cons: I can't play it for as long as I want to...
Here's a URL: http://aeria games.com/

Yer link's busted, Sunny. Take the space out and it goes to a legit site.

I actually played a game called Lula 3D on a colleagues laptop a few years back (it never came out in the US) ... embarrassing!

Yeah, it was published by CDV. ;)

Never played it - was too silly for me.

I played the first part of L3D before I gave up on it, 2 years later my cohabit downloaded it and beated the game.

Back
Top Bottom