Beyond Divinity - Available on Good Old Games

I still have this as a boxed version (you know, the big ones), but hardly ever played it. Everybody here always says that it's inferior to the first one and I don't know if it's worth playing or not.

I enjoyed it almost as much as Divine Divinity. I've passed it twice now. The imps are my favorite characters in the game. They are just too weird. :)

Tons of options for skills this time around. Maybe a little too many in some ways, but in others it was great for customizing your characters.

I hated this game when it was first released due to their needless change of an already great skill system (via DD). This was compounded by another trip through crazy bad opening dungeon (circa DD). If you managed to get past those two major gripes, the game actually got a lot better. You still were forced to specialize your skills to get any real benefit, but the dual character battles were kinda fun when you got the hang of it.

Still rates as one of my most disappointed gaming moments though (nothing compared to Gothic 3 release), DD was so good compared to BD.

Personally, I found it almost too dark. Without being a fan of some sorts I would never have bought it.

But it was nice to find forummembers' names in the game again. :)

I couldn't stand my character being tethered to the 'evil' character. Never made it beyond the opening dungeon.

Once you are out of the tutorial dungeon the world opens up.

I didn't mind the dungeon and I like the Dark Knight. He is funny in a corny sorta way. Too bad you missed out on the imp village. That was my favorite part of the game.

I bought the Digital Version on sale somewhere (probably either GamersGate or D2D) for ~$5 ... won't buy it again.

I thought the game had great potential but the dialogue was rather poor and had lost much of its charm of the original.

I utterly love Terry Pratchett who is an immensely gifted author but I'm afraid I cannot say the same for his daughter, Rhianna Pratchett who wrote the dialogue for the game.

Have you played Overlord or Overlord II? She also was the writer for those games and it was fantastic. Better in some ways than Dungeon Keeper. It's the best part of the games, excluding the minions of course.

No, I haven't played those games. I should give those a whirl if I can buy them online. Thanks for the recommendation!

She also did the story for Heavenly Sword (PS3). Dunno how good that one was, tho :)

If only we could get her daddy to write the dialogue for an RPG. The Discworld games don't count since they're adventure games. Hmmmm...

If only we could get her daddy to write the dialogue for an RPG. The Discworld games don't count since they're adventure games. Hmmmm…

Isn't he involved in "Dungeon Hero" already ?

Back
Top Bottom