Not the Time for Dragons - Screens @ CRPG.ru

Looks pretty nice! What's the info on this one (I seem to be getting confused between a few - potential - RPGs in the works)? Is it hack'n'slash? What's the likelihood of a decent translation? ETA?

This game creating on Dawn of Magic engine.

Couldn't they have called this something different? The name smacks of a poor translation and that's a bad way to start off.

The graphics are awsome but I hate the camera angle. :puke:

Can't stand to play from that far.

The game might be good so I'll refrain from saying anything else.

Couldn't they have called this something different? The name smacks of a poor translation and that's a bad way to start off.

Funny, I thought the exact opposite. It's whimsical and unusual, like a game that doesn't take itself too seriously without going into poopie-humor territory.

I don't know anything else about the game, so if it's a traditional you-enter-a-10-x-10-foot-room-an-orc-is-guarding-a-chest affair, then yeah it's poorly named.

I liked the title as well--it has some originality. The artwork reminds me of the cities in Arcanum for some reason.
On this same site there's an interview in English, which seems to say it will be an old school rpg.

I wish that somebody could make an old-school RPG with at least a decent budget and a decent-sized team. Something with at least decent 3D graphics and interface but not necessarily cutting edge. And something with some refined gameplay and good writing and story. I believe it was Warren Spector who said recently that everyting in the industry now is "Blockbuster or student film" and unfortunately the hardcore RPG genre seems to get nothing but the student films today.

The graphics are awsome but I hate the camera angle. :puke:

Can't stand to play from that far.

The game might be good so I'll refrain from saying anything else.

I have to agree on both counts here. I suspect this game is not tongue in cheek. if it is supposed to be a parody we're not likely to get most of the jokes. I suggest a new name "Not the time for Dungeons".

Man, what a sucky angle. I can only hope they wanted to show all their work in the shot. What really annoys me are games without a free roaming camera. This devs seem to think games are "supposed to be" played at certain angles. They need to take a lesson from the NWN Community when the fans rebelled and kept unlocking it for 2 years.

other than that...

here's looking forward to it :)

an aparently although there's no dragons they do take american express.
see the bar in the screenshot.
http://www.crpg.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=10189

You think Visa and MC will sue? ;)

Camera angle is one I've played in a million games--looks like Dungeon Seige angle--doesn't bother me, and it may be adjustable? Anyway, I prefer it to the camera in NWN2 which drove me nuts. But if there's no zoom or swivel it could be too rigid.

@dr_kaz; Yeah I wonder if we'll ever see a AAA old school rpg again. It remains to be seen how Dragon Age will play. That's the only one I can think of that might come close.

I'm not seeing the problem with the angle. Anyway, I haven't really checked this out in detail but I'd assume it's a floating camera and that's just the angle they chose for the screens.

Less bloom would be good, though.

I'm not seeing the problem with the angle.

Ok ok. I know I was a little harsh with my comment.
I had no right to do so.
I'm not a programmer and never will be.
I just wanted to let the others know how I felt about that.

Some of the Ultima's had such a similar angle.
That is THE reason why I never touched them.
From what I read, I missed on really good games.

So, in short, I must see further than the angle and concentrate on the content and what the game has to offer.

Looking at the angle, it's not that bad but it's just that I feel too far away to "see".
I don't know. It's probably because I'm not used to such a point of view.

Back
Top Bottom