Mass Effect 2 - Retribution Book Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has announced a third Mass Effect book by Drew Karpyshyn, titled Retribution.
BioWare and Del Ray are pleased to announce a brand new novel set in the Mass Effect universe Mass Effect: Retribution.
Mass Effect Retribution will again be written by Drew Karpyshyn, the author of both Mass Effect: Revelation and Mass Effect: Ascension. This novel reveals the Illusive Man's attempts to impant a human with the technology of a Reaper!
More information.

To whom it may concern...

...please, stop posting about Mass Effect 2, especially when the news does not even regard the game but mere "tie-in" (read: "cash-in") materials. You're giving Bioware some free advertising and I'm certain they appreciate it, but you're also cluttering up the space for legitimate RPG news with nonsense.
Thanks!

I can't do that, I'm sorry.

Every newsbit we post could be construed as free advertising and there's certainly no reason to exclude ME2. The book might be tangential but I personally own Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, so I can reasonably extrapolate that some of our readers might be interested in a Bio game book.

ME2 marketing is peaking and there isn't much else happening out there, so I can understand it might irritate you. That's the way it is.

I still have yet to read any of the ME books. I read the DA book before playing DA, and that definetly added a lot of background. A friend of mine says the ME books do the same to ME, so perhaps I should read them at some point.

Also, it seems the book features the Illusive Man, which means he probably won't be killed in ME2.

The book might be tangential but I personally own Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, so I can reasonably extrapolate that some of our readers might be interested in a Bio game book.

Ditto ... though it isn't normally what I would do, many folks like buying these books, so why *not* cover it? As far as I'm concerned, anything about Mass Effect is legit to cover.

I agree with that. I don't cover miscellaneous merchandise like figurines or T-shirts.

Crap ... there goes the post for Capt. Shepard with the Kung Fu Grip! :D

Yes, please keep posting about book tie ins. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise as I don't go to the official forums or website..

themadhatter is being silly. I appreciate the fact that Mass Effect 2 and other non-zomg-true-hardcore-cRPGs get airtime here, even on multiple platforms. I play both PC and Xbox and certainly like more than just the Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Arcanum and Planescape: Torment games. Mass Effect is a hybrid, but has enough RPG in it to be called that.

I read the first book and it was a nice introduction to the game universe. I mean, it's not the greatest sci-fi/fantasy book ever (that honour goes to George R.R. Martin :)), but I guess it was never intended as such. Cash-in or no, it put me in the right mood for the game. Maybe I should get this, too, for exactly that reason.

And that is the point, really ... fan service. Like games from movies.

Back
Top Bottom