castlevania: symphony of the night

rpgdude

Watchdog
This game has the same fame as FF VII and has lots of fan. I bought it together with a PSP memory module to play it on PS2. I only played part of it and to say it mildly, I am disappointed. The fan kept telling me that I was wrong but was I?

BTW, I bought a collector ed., so maybe that is the difference?

They never made a collector's edition of SotN. Do you mean the "Greatest Hits" version? It's the exact same thing as the original, just different colors on the CD case.

Anyways, It's a great game if you like side scrolling platformers. I really enjoyed it when it was released, and I think the soundtrack is one of the best ever composed for a PS1 game. It's also one of the few PS1 games that you can insert directly into a CD player and listen to.

I was underwhelmed as well in the context of 'new games', which was basically how it was released as part of the Castlevania X for PSP. The DS games had gone beyond that ... but as a bit of history it is nice.

I think it's a great game and is probably my favorite of any of the Castlevania games. I spent way too much time playing it :C

Back
Top Bottom