Witcher 3 - Retail PC Version FAQ

I think it's time to move on to the next controversy...

Q: Will the game work after installing via a Green Man Gaming mystery source key?

What's funny is the excuses on both sides…if this was bethesda some of you would be frothing at the mouth….Joxer for instance.

It's not a big deal to me, but it is what it is.

Oh come on rune! CDPR or Beth, my reaction would have been exactly the same.

Eh I bought the game on GoG so the whole thing won't bother me.

But I'm getting jaded by GoG and CDPR lately. I'll let the activation thing slide as it's only first batch of Retail (Although it is still DRM even if minor).

But having to sign up to GoG for the DLC is crap. The pirates are gonna have the DLC about 10 seconds after it's released, while a legit gamer can't get it (except for the same way as the pirates) if he doesn't want to sign up for GoG.

I know having to sign up for "bonus" materials is basically industry standard, but that's kinda the point why I find it jading for CDPR :p

But having to sign up to GoG for the DLC is crap. The pirates are gonna have the DLC about 10 seconds after it's released, while a legit gamer can't get it (except for the same way as the pirates) if he doesn't want to sign up for GoG.
How exactly would you organize DLC distribution different than that?
CDpr burning each DLC on separate CD and mail it to physical copy customer?

btw, pirates don't really care for DRMfree stuff - there's nothing to crack in there. I bet that first pirated copy will be from some console.

I loved DA:O
Hated DA-the guy buys a house and does a few things
So I didn't buy DA:I.
Why you may ask??? No one had a gun to my head forcing me to. Just like no one is forcing anyone to buy this game or any other game for that matter.

As for the keys and sites selling product they were not giving the rights too. It isn't much different then just downloading it from some site for free. CD have every right just like any company to sell there product with whoever they want. You or I may not like that but it is their right.

Does anyone know the history between them and a retailer? Maybe 10 years ago they came to them to sell TW and they told them to go away. Who knows.....

How exactly would you organize DLC distribution different than that?
CDpr burning each DLC on separate CD and mail it to physical copy customer?

btw, pirates don't really care for DRMfree stuff - there's nothing to crack in there. I bet that first pirated copy will be from some console.

Could host it on their website or on a download service(I admit with huge amount of downloads expected that could be a bit costly).

Oh even less reputable scene groups do GoG releases sometimes these days, and the whole catalog is flying around on torrents, you overestimate the honestly of the GoG users lol.

Back
Top Bottom