Original Sin - Named Game of the Month

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamespot picked Divinity: Original Sin as it's game of the month for July in a new video.

July 2014 has come and gone, and it wouldn't have made much of a mark on video game history if not for a few standout games, especially the one we picked as Game of the Month.
Thanks for the link HiddenX.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

It's good to see that Divinity: Original Sin is getting so much recognition right now. Not only on niche sites like RPGCodex and RPGWatch, but also on major mainstream sites.

I really hope that people realize that there's a market for modern interesting and challenging CRPGs that value traditional roleplaying elements.
Then there's some hope that we see a little more of these kind of games in the future.

Last edited:
GOTY (for me). Although I have enjoyed Wasteland 2 beta a lot, and I am going to have a blast with the final version, I doubt anything can touch DOS.

208iqsg.jpg

I can't comment there, but someone should explain to this guy that Divinity has a divine inventory that just can't blossom on consoles.

Hopefully praising this kind of a game is not just an exception on gamespot.
GOTY or not we'll see, more promising games are coming. But seeing vids from other ones (R3, DA3, Sims4, etc) one thing is sure. D:OS definetly has inventory system of the year.

Does anyone have an update on the sales numbers? I know it was number 1 on Steam for a while. Is it still doing well?

2-3 days after it was released, Larian said it had sold 160K copies so far (that number included about 50K Early Access sales via Steam).

On 7/16, there was an article published in Dutch (?) saying it'd sold "over 250K" copies so far, but dunno how much time passed inbetween the time Larian made that statement, and when the article got posted:
http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/5402/G.../2014/07/16/Is-dit-de-game-van-het-jaar.dhtml

Haven't seen anything more recent.

game of the [nothing], until now. Looking forward to the next patch though. :)

It's been top seller on steam ever since it was released. So it's getting it's share of sales for sure. I'm awaiting my new computer before continuing, just in case there's some savegame issues when changing computers. Not taking any risks :brood:

I'd guess 400K+ sold by now. Which, if true, would mean they've already made back over double what the game's budget was, and it's still very early obviously. Pretty solid profit margin.

@NyxVampiria:
Larian promised two new recruitable NPCs for the next patch…

It's a bit off-topic, but do any of you know how to turn off main character AI personalities? When I start a new game I set loyal for Scarlett and she agrees all of my decisions without any argument. I just want to see her dialogue options and can't find any option to turn it off now.

I believe the place to change that is the character recustomize mirror in that character's bedroom, in the End of Time "homestead".

Yup, 3 star stones and you're set :)

P.S. Which is still on the Cyseal map.

I think another 10 patches and this might be ready for me. Looking forward to it!

10?
Guess you have to wait a long time. encounterd only one quest bug so far (30+ hours), so no reason to wait. Best RPG in a long time for me.

I started playing the day it came out. Put over 100 hours into it. Never ran into any serious bugs.

But in some of these patches they are adding content, too, not just fixing bugs.

I believe the place to change that is the character recustomize mirror in that character's bedroom, in the End of Time "homestead".

Thank you very much for the answer. By the way the more I play it more it seems that D:OS is really the RPG that dwarfs them all.

Wish you could make a Dwarf :) Only complaint would be to make some other races but I am sure someone will mod that.

Back
Top Bottom