Dino the Bichon and his violent seizures

How about I just say goodbye and be done with it. I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

If any of you would like to donate to my mom's cause, please message me, or you can find me in my Google+ community, my YouTube channel, on Steam or Couch's site.

I'm not sure I'm able to resent Fluent that much for what he does, after all how many indie come here to post about their Kickstarter? While the latter is entertainment, this is about something which is almost part of someone's family.

It is kind of inappropriate or tacky depending on the context. I guess it's just an unpleasant situation no matter how you look at it. If you're poor it's possible to be stuck in a vicious cycle where every option seems like a losing one.

Ultimately though he does need to work and find a job. He will probably be better off as a result and better be able to take care of those he loves (including Dino).

Fluent don't leave the watch! Everyone gets frustrated by DArtagnan sometimes but it is not worth leaving over.

DArtagnan has just received a yellow card for his behaviour in this thread.

Can you please explain what he has done to receive a warning? One might not like what he's saying, but I don't see anything that crosses into abuse.

To be honest, I think it is allowing personal pleas for money on the forum that is causing the problem.

He continued when a mod asked everybody to stop.

Can you please explain what he has done to receive a warning? One might not like what he's saying, but I don't see anything that crosses into abuse.

To be honest, I think it is allowing personal pleas for money on the forum that is causing the problem.

I don't like what he is saying either but the post which is marked with the yellow card doesn't comes across as "abuse" to me.

It's for the whole thread, not just that post in particular. It has to be attached somewhere.
Such a yellow card is no big deal, btw. It expires after 10 days or so.

Wow.
The days of the warmhearted community i knew seem to be gone.
Fluent is right: looks like the codex took over.

I do think an invidious situation has been created. We have one moderator using the forum to ask for money, and a member being sanctioned for a reasonable, if sharply critical, post. It doesn't feel great, TBH.

Wow.
The days of the warmhearted community i knew seem to be gone.
Fluent is right: looks like the codex took over.

I think most people in this community have a warm heart, it might come off mean but most people here is trying to HELP! not be cold hearted, by giving the only reasonable solution which is not begging.

If one where to donate for something and is a truly warm-hearted person there are so many things to donate to which is more needing than this, especially for a person who have a top-end alienware laptop, and top of the line PC, then comes to beg for harddrives, money, donations and so on.

Maybe I'll also get a warning for this, but I am completely on DArt's side here, even if he always express his opinion in a very direct and sometime too rude manner.

How about I just say goodbye and be done with it. I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

If any of you would like to donate to my mom's cause, please message me, or you can find me in my Google+ community, my YouTube channel, on Steam or Couch's site.

Goodbye.

Hey! I had a red flag once, so yellow is no big deal :)

I don't see half of this thread so generally can't comment, sorry.
I've been skipping it, but seems it just can't die so one thing I have to say.

This site is not codex and will never be codex no matter how much some hoped for it.

I see nothing bad at all in this thread. We have a member once again begging for money and then we have a few members giving him a bit of truthful advice on life and where his priorities should go and to stop spending money on a hobby when he can't pay for normal life essentials. Its called "Tough Love" or "Real Talk" in my area.

Maybe the right balance would be to allow it in a signature but not making threads or posts about it, unless it is related to a game.

Maybe the right balance would be to allow it in a signature but not making threads or posts about it, unless it is related to a game.

That's sounds fine to me.

The problem with these request threads is that they are very unlikely to achieve anything, and every time it comes up it somewhat understandably provokes resentment from people that have less, or have other health problems, or are just working really hard. I don't feel any need to pile on to Fluent with my two cents, but at this point I think it's hard to avoid the conclusion that these threads are causing problems. People respond critically, nothing is achieved, and Fluent gets upset.

In this latest round, I also don't feel too happy about people's critical responses being sanctioned.

Back
Top Bottom