The TV Series discussion thread

I'm still broken-up about Margery, but I have hope that Melisandre will be back
Am I connecting the dots wrongly here, or do you want Margaery to be resurrected? :) I wouldn't mind that, but I don't think that's ever going to happen…

@JDR13, I'm afraid she doesn't exist just for you to look pretty. It's incredibly annoying when men are like this. Are you Mr. Universe yourself? Show you picture, I'll check it out and pass my judgment, and I apologize if you have to hear that "I'll never want to see your face again".

Anyway, I was personally delighted when it turned out she didn't look the candy way she looked and it was merely a trick to fool people like JDR13. Never cared about Melisandre before, but that gave her character so much more depth. As well as her being broken up over the fact that she realized that whatever voice she heard was not the voice of the god of light. That made her relatable for the first time. She kinda swang back to believing in the god of light too fast, though.

Something tells me that she might find someone else to be the next one prophecied (I'm sure that word is incorrect) by the god of light. Could be Dany. We already have other god of light priestesses advertising her, maybe that's foreshadowing. And then she could, I dunno, help Dany fight Jon, if he and Dany ever find themselves in dispute. That would make sense, sweet revenge and all that.
*guessing mode off*

If you think it's funny I hurry to say that it's not. I will say no more since I'd be banned if I said what I think of you in words that I wanted to :)

And don't forget your picture. I'll evaluate your tits and other stuff, as well. :) No whining if I think they're bad...

Nah, you weren't 'making fun', you were just making a big fool our of yourself. Because my words weren't an overreaction, it was a valid reaction to you being a total ****.

Added your nick to ignore list.

Play nice.
Don't objectify, don't go ballistic.
Thank you very much.

What just happened here?!

Whatever...
Didn't notice before but Dark Matter season 2 is airing on SyFy. Yay!
They returned the trash series Killjoys too. :(

Melisandre needs to die in a fashion five hundred times worse than being burned alive. I'm not sure what will happen to her but she needs to seriously pay for roasting people like she has.

What just happened here?!

Whatever…
Didn't notice before but Dark Matter season 2 is airing on SyFy. Yay!
They returned the trash series Killjoys too. :(

LOL to me it's totally the other way around.

win-win ;)

Play nice.
Don't objectify, don't go ballistic.
Thank you very much.

Unfortunately objectification does happen in Hollywood, if it doesnt the person playing Dany would never had that job as she is a terrible actress.

I think she nailed the role. No complaints from me :)

I find her portrayal of Dany lacking in confidence like she is over thinking it. She is meant to be this badass woman but she doesnt seem to believe she is that imo. *shrugs*

Well this is quite subjectice, but isn't the whole point of her story that she gradually builds this confidence you're speaking of. Ofcourse Dany is thinking it, because she knows that everyone expects her to be this strong & confident warrior queen who wins wars and rides on dragons. Yet inside she struggles to find the correct path. After all who of her age wouldn't? She is still relatively young.

I think Clarcke has portrayed this character growth quite well with her acting. Only after she was captured again by Dothraki she finally became the dragon queen and was ready to set sail to Western kingdom.

Besides in the finale IMO Dany didn't seem to be lacking any confidence nor that she was overthinking it. :)

From my reading of the books i felt that Dany instantly gains confidence when she goes into the fire and births dragons. Then she is like "I am the Mother of Dragons and I will shape the world as i see fit". Sure she may be unsure of the political side of things but as a warrior queen she is meant to be very confident I felt.

I didn't get that from the books at all. She was 14 or 15, or something like that. Usually not an age where you are overly confident, nor did I sensed she was, from reading the books.

I felt she got confident rather quickly out of necessity. Until she walked into the fire and hatched those dragon eggs I felt she was not confident but after that there wasnt a hint of a lack of assurance in the books after that. But then again it was a long time ago since i read those books, maybe I am mistaken?

Anyone else been following Justified? I've been watching it for several weeks by now and it has become one of my favourite series. Just watched season 5 finale and I'm almost catching where the series is now.

I really recommand this. Just make sure to watch several episodes before making your mind. Series begins building it's story quite slowly, but its very rewarding to see how each act has consequences. There is larger story arc that writers have been cleverly building since the pilot and it has been quite rewarding to follow it… :)
Sorry, no, but I've heard good things about that one. Will add it on "to watch" list.

Finally got to it. And can't stop. Two seasons down, four more to go.
Why are people hiding the existence of this gem? Why am I seeing crap shows advertised like crazy and no word about this one?

Fantastic script, fantastic direction, fantastic performances, fantastic everything (except the opening score is yuck, but I dislike that music style generally so I'm biased).
Can't be sure about the whole thing, but judging it's first two seasons feels like one of those shows you must watch before you die.

Finally got to it. And can't stop. Two seasons down, four more to go.
Why are people hiding the existence of this gem? Why am I seeing crap shows advertised like crazy and no word about this one?

I would take this personally. The world hates you, ;) :) :)

pibbur who doesn't hate the joxer, but hasn't heard about this series.

Back
Top Bottom