Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox - Crowdfunded RPG

It's unfortunate they couldn't use Kickstarter though I understand it's because of regional limitations (they're based in Australia). I bet it would get more exposure and more backers on Kickstarter.

Their kickstarter is not closed yet.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/malevolence/malevolence-the-infinite-rpg?ref=category

The other day, when spotting it on Kickstarter, I wonder when this project would land on RPGwatch for promotion.

Very curious about their ideas of infinite dungeons because a lot of players look for a sense of achievement and roaming endless in infinite dungeons is going to deprive them from that sense.

Survival mode spirit or something like that stemming from the game difficulty?

Wow... Their kickstarter campaign is impressively better that their previous one!

He dropped all that 'we will change the games industry forever' arrogant bs in favor of actually talking about what he does this time. I'm personally still not convinced that this is a game I want to back, but this time it's certainly worth considering it and I think that people who rejected their indiegogo campaign should still take a look at this new one.

Wow… Their kickstarter campaign is impressively better that their previous one!

He dropped all that 'we will change the games industry forever' arrogant bs in favor of actually talking about what he does this time. I'm personally still not convinced that this is a game I want to back, but this time it's certainly worth considering it and I think that people who rejected their indiegogo campaign should still take a look at this new one.

Yeah - they learned that trying to do something patterned after those ridiculous launch and announcement trailers a lot of AAA games doesn't usually turn out so well on these crowd funding sites. The pitch video on kick-starter is an definite improvement.

I put the game in front of tens of thousands of readers for them to decide for themselves. What did you do to support them?

I pledged support?

I put the game in front of tens of thousands of readers for them to decide for themselves. What did you do to support them?

I pledged support?

So rune_74, which do you feel was more valuable your single pledge or tens of thousands of readers potential support? (if just 2 or 3 pledged they would likely have beat the amount you pledged, unless you pledged 10k or something!)

Daniel.

I pledged support?

Well, congratulations on saving your attitude for me. I had no idea they had re-launched on Kickstarter with a significantly improved approach, which might have changed my view. More importantly, you could have pointed it out so I could share it with readers and that might have changed their view.

But, hey, you got to be smug, right? Surely that's the important thing.

The problem I have with that game is that it's single character, when it begs to be party-based.

Well, congratulations on saving your attitude for me. I had no idea they had re-launched on Kickstarter with a significantly improved approach, which might have changed my view. More importantly, you could have pointed it out so I could share it with readers and that might have changed their view.

But, hey, you got to be smug, right? Surely that's the important thing.

Hmmm, you're right...When I first saw the thread I did not know it was based off another fund raiser. Smugness dialed down now.

Their kickstarter is not closed yet.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/malevolence/malevolence-the-infinite-rpg?ref=category

The other day, when spotting it on Kickstarter, I wonder when this project would land on RPGwatch for promotion.

Very curious about their ideas of infinite dungeons because a lot of players look for a sense of achievement and roaming endless in infinite dungeons is going to deprive them from that sense.

Survival mode spirit or something like that stemming from the game difficulty?
Yes, I'm very glad to see they got on Kickstarter - been following the campaign for a little while now. Planning to pledge once payday rolls around in a few days.

The thing I find appealing about the infinite dungeon idea stems from exploration being one of the things I really enjoy in games. And their world will offer an infinite place to explore. Now, I realize making it compelling to explore will be a challenge development-wise but we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. I applaud them for attempting it in any case.

Also I think part of the appeal will be the same reasons people play roguelikes. To see how far they can go or how long they can survive. Hopefully the difficulty ramps up a lot the deeper you go into the dungeons.

Thanks for the link, I threw some money at this one as well. If it turns out to be a difficult game, it could be quite the winner imo.

-Carn

The problem I have with that game is that it's single character, when it begs to be party-based.

Agree with you on that one. Having a party was pretty basic to the strategy of DM & EOB, otherwise they would have been too simple. Also 4-6 characters means that items can be more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom