What games are you playing now?

Completed Drakensang: TDE and had a lot of fun with it. Reminded me considerably of NWN2 with the interface & graphics. I eventually junked the warrior in favour of a rogue wielding a rapier, boosted social, thieving and fighting skills. Rhulana and Forgrimm took tank duties with Jost the battlemage covering healing/summoning/damage spells. Worked out really well and the only battle I had trouble with was that damn rat - final boss was fairly easy.

Will now move onto Crysis for a change of scenery (just bought a GTX780 and want to give it a test drive) then back to the River of Time I think for more Drakensang goodness.

Among the other things I've picked up lately is the old Apogee platformer Secret Agent. Since I've been watching Get Smart lately, I played through the entire trilogy in between Wiz6 sessions.

In short, this is one that is more fun due to nostalgia than actual quality. Level design is decent, but the controls are loose, and hit detection is poor. It's also fairly short, though some of the jumping is frustratingly difficult due to the controls and hit detection.

For the price, it's not a bad time waster, but that's about it.

Back to playing SWtOR at a very casual pace. Enjoying the Imperial Agent storyline - which I always wanted to experience.

I'm having difficulty getting into any game at the moment.

When I have one of these phases - I tend to go with the familiar.

Playing Marvel Heroes online, more of an action mmo than any real strategy involved. Having fun so far, you play established characters rather than rolling your own.

-Carn

I'm playing NWN: Shadowguad, a Bioware Premium module for the first Neverwinter Nights game. It is a lot of fun. And I was able to do the first line of quests without a walkthru :) . (Cue halo ;) ). The Premium modules seem to be better than the actual game....

That one has alternate paths/quests that are supposed to make multiple playthroughs interesting. I only did one path, though. Thanks for reminding me to add this to my backlog to try the other paths. :)

Crysis and Crysis Warhead are done, I dabbled with a couple of Crysis mods (Call of the Fireflies and the Worry of Newport) before I uninstalled. I'd recommend both mods, the first is a kind of "point and click" adventure with some puzzles, the second is a rather creepy and surreal story experience - both have zero combat.

On to Drakensang: TRoT. After my rogue experience in TDE I'm fancying a mage character with high AE regeneration...possibly healing mage.

Back to playing Gothic. Explored the new camp and surroundings and am now cleaning up some stray monsters. That Lefty was a pain in the ass.

Saving up points to be a mage so I used the bone bow to take him out, but kept killing him rather than knocking him out, and then enraging the camp. Jemy said that bows wouldn't kill quest NPCs like him, but they sure do. Have to get hitpoints down to zero, then run up (without getting killed) to do a takedown strike with melee to knock him out. Also kite him away from his thug, who will run after you if you shoot Lefty. All those peasants also get in the way of my bow. Talk about trial and error. In general, I don't mind trial and error to get the swing of monster attacks, etc. But this seemed more random than most…

I got Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on sale and I'm having all sorts of fun. It's got 3 campaigns which I'm ignoring. It's got a huge variety of rides which I'm ignoring. It's got lots of pre-defined coaster tracks which I'm looking at a little to see how the coaster actually works. It's got weak-but-serviceable terrain modification which I'm using to make big mountains and deep pits. And, of course, it's got customizable roller coasters which I'm using to build HHUUUUUGE coasters that go from mountaintop to deep pit.

The first coaster worked out pretty well but the second had some spots that would pull <ahem> about 20G. The third was much better, only pulling 7.5G a few times. Some fools even rode it. I'm working on the fourth now. I've been keeping to my 5G limit so far and I'm over half way down the mountain.

Grabbed 'Blade of Darkness' from GoG on the sale this weekend and started playing ... amazingly fun game with stellar music and brutal combat ... great stuff I hadn't played in a few years.

I've started dabbling in The Guild 2 Renaissance. It's such a good concept for a game, but with the ever-dumbening state of the games industry I doubt we'll see another one.

Still playing BG:EE. Just realised that Baeloth can now join the party once you reach level 5!! :) He will really bring in the much needed damage in party (due to Rasaad, he does suck in combat).

I finished a couple of quest for Dorn and Neera. Rasaad talks a lot but no quests yet. Neera is really starting to irritate me. I helped her through her quest, and she basically thanked me real sarcastic way, and I had to resist an urge to kill her on the spot. I'm enjoying having Dorn around a lot more despite he's evil alignment. He brings really decent DPS into the group, and for an half-orc, he has decent conversation as well, although he doesn't seem like a real evil alignment at this point. Rasaad's dialogues are more in depth and interesting, but sometimes his voice puts me into sleep... but overall, I'm enjoying it immensely.

Still in early stages on the game though - WoW is still sapping out most of my gaming time.

Been playing the new Tomb Raider, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

It's vastly different from the old TR games in all the right ways.

Started playing Brutal Legend which I have had for probably 2+ years sitting there. I like the way they made this. Almost a comedy and driving the car around is just to much fun.

Still playing BG:EE. Just realised that Baeloth can now join the party once you reach level 5!! :) He will really bring in the much needed damage in party (due to Rasaad, he does suck in combat).

I finished a couple of quest for Dorn and Neera. Rasaad talks a lot but no quests yet. Neera is really starting to irritate me. I helped her through her quest, and she basically thanked me real sarcastic way, and I had to resist an urge to kill her on the spot. I'm enjoying having Dorn around a lot more despite he's evil alignment. He brings really decent DPS into the group, and for an half-orc, he has decent conversation as well, although he doesn't seem like a real evil alignment at this point. Rasaad's dialogues are more in depth and interesting, but sometimes his voice puts me into sleep… but overall, I'm enjoying it immensely.

Still in early stages on the game though - WoW is still sapping out most of my gaming time.

Got this game given to me for Christmas and after reading your post it's time to fire it up, haven't played the original since it first came out years ago though I played a fully modded version of GOG's BG:II last year.

I'm staying old school, currently wandering around the action-packed, treasure-filled mines of the Red Dwarf Range. If you don't know where that is, you owe it to yourself to find out.

I got Book of unwritten tales(I believe Alrik spoke highly about this game) from recent GoG sale, and started playing it first as side game now that I am finished with PoE it has all of my gaming hours.Game makes fun of every cliché in fantasy books, movies and games.Puzzles are ok they are on easy side.One thing i didn't like about them is that there is lot of back tracking, you need to re-visit lot of locations and talk to same characters multiple times.Graphic is colorful and overall very pretty.I am on chapter 3 and so far game is fun with lot of humor and decent puzzles but it doesn't stand against best in genre.

Back to more focus on Gothic. Going to play as a mage so stocking up on skill points / levels in chapter 1 before picking a camp. I do this by killing things. A lot of nasty things. Hopefully they respawn later. Will need close to 200 popints to get all the fire and water circles, plus the sixth circle. More actually if I want decent mana. Not sure about a good number for mana.

I am hardly spending any points on fighting/bow skills/attributes so this is a real challenge. It takes 10 solid hits with the orc hammer to kill an orc dog. In the meantime the dog has more than as many chances with me, with just about 3 hits killing me (at level 13). Snappers and bloodhounds need to be tricked into locations where I can safely pelt them with arrows. Shadowbeasts, I can't even damage. I was able to kill a few orc hunters though with the orc hammer. Harpies in the mountain fort I was just barely able to take out by spamming the bone bow.

Playing Dragon Age with all DLC - and having great fun. Still a very good game with some of the best writing Bioware ever did.

I never played Awakenings - and since Dragon Age 3 isn't that far off, I'm thinking of completing Dragon Age 2 as well, even though I most likely won't be able to stand it.

Back
Top Bottom