Mass Effect 3 - Preview Leviathan DLC

aries100

SasqWatch
Kotaku has a preview for this DLC. It start this way:
I've just played a chunk of one of the combat missions in the new Mass Effect 3 DLC, Leviathan. There was a boat. There was water. There was a mech. And Shepard dove to the bottom of the sea, Abyss-style.
The preview ends like this:
Shepard's mech landed on the sea floor, huge shapes looming in the distance, and he shot a flare onto the ocean floor. The sea life looked colorful and very BiosShock ian. I took control of the mech, and its heads-up display had changed to register air pressure, and it looked like the weapons were now offline. I walked forward a bit, at which point the demo ended; clearly things were about to get more interesting. Underneath the sea, my name's Commander Shepard. My favorite mech!
And now the facts:
Leviathan will be 2 to 3 hours long, probably closer to 3 hours. Clifford said they were shooting for about a Lair of the Shadow Broker depth.
The story will take place in the middle of the Mass Effect 3 story, with no specific place in the storyline.
There are 3 main combat missions, which will take place all over the Mass Effect universe.
There will be new weapons, some of which were previously pre-order bonuses.
The story begins on the Citadel, but goes beyond that. (All the way to the bottom of the ocean. Well, an ocean.)
It will be out on all platforms simultaneously.
It will be out this summer, after the Firefight weapon pack, which comes out August 7 Th.
It will cost $9.99.
More information.

like the DLC from Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout 3, and New Vegas, they wont get a penny more from me.

Do you mean "like" as in "just as for" or "I liked"? If you liked them, then why not buy more? If you never bought any DLC for the titles you listed, I think you missed out on some good ones (Lair of the Shadow Broker, Warden's Keep, Old World Blues).

2 to 3 hour DLC costs 10 bucks? Damn. That means, that it costs 10 euros here. And then these people like yapping about how the games pack more entertainment value for your money than movies. Movie tickets for a summer blockbuster like Dark Knight Rises are 6.50 here. Yeah, fuck you too EA.

$10 for 3 hours? No sale. Not even if Tali gets nakkid.

2 to 3 hour DLC costs 10 bucks? Damn. That means, that it costs 10 euros here. And then these people like yapping about how the games pack more entertainment value for your money than movies. Movie tickets for a summer blockbuster like Dark Knight Rises are 6.50 here. Yeah, fuck you too EA.

This post deserves a +1 since he is right. Can't wait for that argument again.

I stopped caring for DLCs after purchasing Witch Hunt. I hate you Bioware.

I stopped caring for DLCs after purchasing Witch Hunt. I hate you Bioware.
Not all DLCs are as short and (quite frankly) deceiving as Witch Hunt was (because it was advertised as a DLC in which Morrigan would be featured prominently and "everything" concerning her story would be resolved, while it actually delivered on none of these promises). Dragon Age: Origins DLC was generally quite shitty, except for Shale of course. Awakening, an actual expansion (yay!) and not a mere DLC was quite cool I gotta admit, although clearly rushed.
Lair of the Shadow Broker was easily one of the best missions/parts in ME2. Both DLCs for Dragon Age II (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin) were better than many parts of the original game. No copied maps anymore, everything new, unique locations, just generally lots of cool stuff… It was just that after the disappointment DAII was for many players, no one gave them a chance anymore. The so-so DAII main game sold, but the better DLCs didn't.
Obsidian did quite a few good DLCs. Even their DLC Treasures of the Sun for Dungeon Siege III (yeah I know, I'm all alone in liking this game, I'm still glad at least I bought it) really wasn't bad. Not bad at all. The problem with DLC is, that it's so often total crap that couldn't be sold in any other way, that there's no trust left for the few DLCs that aren't garbage.
I respect anyone's stance though, who won't buy any DLCs, because I too miss the days when actual (full length) expansions were made, instead of the short pieces DLCs usually are.

Honestly not all DLC is shit, but unless they are an item pack or a reskin (which i wouln't buy anyway), their existence makes me just pass on a game (any game, no matter how good) on release and buy a complete edition when its finally put together. I can wait however long i need, since i usually have a huge backlog of games to play at any given time and not that much time to actually play them. That approach also means i get to play the most polished version of all of these games. I haven't preordered an AAA game since The Witcher 2 and i don't intend to ever do that again (kickstarters and indies are a different story, but these guys are hopefully smart enough to not screw around with DLC-s).

I'll grab it the next time I play through ME3, mainly because the DLCs for ME2 were worth it.

Back
Top Bottom