Puzzle Quest: CotW - Signed by THQ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Puzzle Quest is arguably outside our core RPG mandate but I know a number of members have enjoyed it and Infinite Interactive is a developer we've supported before. So, THQ have grabbed the publishing rights for a bunch of platforms, including PC:
<h4 class="epi-fontLg bwtextaligncenter">D3Publisher of America Announces Fan Favorite Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords™ to Debut on Wii™, PlayStation®2, PC and Mobile [/h4]<h4 class="bwtextaligncenter">Rights for PC and Mobile Awarded to THQ Inc. [/h4]LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--D3Publisher of America (D3PA), a publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, is slated to release its wildly popular game Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords™ for Wii™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC this fall along with a mobile version in early 2008, opening the experience up to an entirely new audience of fans who have been clamoring for additional platform releases since the game’s debut on handheld consoles. Puzzle Quest—the #1 selling puzzle game for Nintendo DS™ in 2007 according to NPD—will also become available in the coming months on the Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, as previously announced.
“The lightning quick acceptance and praise we received from fans and press for the fun, deeply immersive gaming experience we created by mixing RPG elements with puzzle gameplay were a dream come true when Puzzle Quest launched,” said Steve Fawkner, lead designer and chief executive officer of Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd., creators of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. “The gaming community has offered such warm support and we are elated to open the game up to more fans by offering new ways to play.”
D3PA’s recently acquired development studio, Vicious Cycle Software, co-developer of Puzzle Quest for the PSP system, will develop Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for PlayStation 2 and Wii consoles, while the PC and mobile publishing and distribution rights were awarded by the publisherto THQ Inc.’s ValuSoft and THQ Wireless divisions.
“It has been tremendously exciting for us to see Puzzle Quest find such a wide-ranging audience,” said Yoji Takenaka, executive vice president and chief operating officer, D3PA. “We look forward to growing the fanbase even further through what we are confident will be successful relationships with such highly regarded allies as Infinite Interactive, THQ and Vicious Cycle.”
Designed specifically to entertain both casual and hardcore gamers with its deep immersion, five to fifteen minute play sessions and turn-based play style, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords incorporates strategy, role-playing elements and a persistent storyline in a puzzle board setting. Set in the Warlords universe, the game challenges players to create, develop and customize the ultimate hero in order to save the land of Etheria from evil Lord Bane. To advance their character, players battle in turn-based, head-to-head “match-three” style puzzle games in one of three distinct gameplay modes: Single-player allows gamers to battle against the AI as they embark on over 150 challenging quests, Instant Action allows gamers to jump in and immediately play continuous battles to level-up characters without participating in quests, and Multiplayer allows gamers to battle live opponents. Victory will advance the player’s hero, magical arsenal, creature companions and more—ultimately rewarding gamers at nearly every turn and providing endless hours of replayability.
More information.

Very cool! We'll see what the real release date is, but I would think it would be pretty quick.

They were talking Fall according to one thing I read (but can't find now ...) on pretty much every platform.

I bet it won't install on my Win98 PC either (like the demo).

But some still run on it, Keepsake is the latest one where I tried it.

Alrik is a man with principles when it comes to PCs and RPGs. ;)

Good PCs are incredibly cheap nowadays, and XP runs better than 98 ever did. Why don´t you buy yourself a new box and keep the old one for classic games?

Because I'm without a job, looking for one. I must be a bit careful with my money.
But currently there is progress in my search, since the German market slowly, but steadily recovers.

@Alrik

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - finding a new job.

You could always try the Australian market; IT people are still in demand!! :)

www.seek.com.au is a popular starting place!!

Thanks. For now, I'll stick to Germany, since things are getting better now.

But I'll keep your link in mind in case it gets bad again. ;) :)

Didn´t know that Alrik. Good luck! :)

Thanks. :) I appreciate that. :)

Back
Top Bottom