Hannibal: Rome and Carthage - Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is pushing way out of our mandate but, hey, Scott from Iron Tower recommends it and quite a few readers might enjoy it anyway. The historical turn-based strategy Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War has been released. Details at the developer Forced March Games or at the easier to read publishers site Matrix Games. Word is a demo is available but a longer one is coming.
More information.

I was indeed very interested in the game. I'll wait a little longer for that second demo then.

This looks good. Thanks Dhruin for posting this. I'll have to try out the demo first to see if I can make some sense out of the screenshots :)

This looks good. Thanks Dhruin for posting this. I'll have to try out the demo first to see if I can make some sense out of the screenshots :)

I'm a big wargame fan (second favorite genre after RPGS)and I disagree it looks good! I was looking at the screenshots and looking for the ones that showed the tactical layer - since that's the part I like the most - and then realized one of those charts WAS the tactical layer. Yuk. Looks like a really crude version of Rome Total War, only with the option to manually fight battles permanently disabled.

The graphics seem based on an ancient cloth roadmap of the roman empire.

I wonder if they will ever use the Bayeux Tapestry for a Norman Invasion type game.

I'm a big wargame fan (second favorite genre after RPGS)and I disagree it looks good! I was looking at the screenshots and looking for the ones that showed the tactical layer - since that's the part I like the most - and then realized one of those charts WAS the tactical layer. Yuk. Looks like a really crude version of Rome Total War, only with the option to manually fight battles permanently disabled.

You misunderstood. The screenshots looked great. I just want to play it and find out how it all fits together and what the gameplay is like.

BTW, I DID say "This looks good. Thanks for posting it." That might be a clue telling you that I like the way the game looks and sounded from the description.;)

Back
Top Bottom