Sacred 3 - Release Date & New Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deep Silver sent out a new press release announcing the release date of Sacred 3 on August 26th in North America, and includes a new a trailer to go along with it.

SACRED 3: THE FIGHT FOR GLORY HAS BEGUN

Sacred 3 to launch on August 26 in North America, first gameplay trailer introduces fast-paced Hack ‘n’ Slash action

Larkspur, Calif. – March 19, 2014 – Publisher Deep Silver pulled back the curtain on the upcoming and anticipated Sacred 3 today, revealing the first eye-popping gameplay footage for the arcade Hack ‘n’ Slash title. The trailer introduces a selection of unique character classes that will be available giving fans a glimpse of the fast-paced co-op action against countless enemies. The newest installment of the classic Sacred series will be available on August 26 in North America for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system as well as Windows PC.

At launch, Sacred 3 will include the Malakhim class as well as the unforgettable Underworld Story DLC. In Underworld, players have to forge their way to the top of a mysterious tower where they have to confront the Black Seraphim, a notorious rival from Sacred 2.

See the gameplay trailer: http://youtu.be/skMsZyNN21A.

About Sacred 3

Sacred 3 features classic arcade Hack ‘n’ Slash action centered around drop in, drop out cooperative multiplayer for both offline (2 players) and online (4 players) play. The game brings back fan-favorite characters such as the Seraphim, Ancarian, Khukuhru and the Safiri, as well as introduces a new character, Malakhim. Each character class features its own unique skills and weapons which can be upgraded to match the player’s very own combat style. As they master the art of war, players will fight their way through enemy hordes and try to outshine their fellow companions on their way to become the greatest hero of all. The inclusion of mission stats and online leaderboards will continue to drive competition both locally and online. Victory Is Ours. Glory is Mine.
More information.

Looks like Diablo3. Which may not be a bad thing.
I thought I saw a male and female Seraphim. Different gender choices for a game such as this is not bad either. Since you only see 2 player characters, I will assume the video was a console version. I am still not very optimistic about this one. Will wait for reviews or maybe a steam sale.

Yes lets take out everything the fans like about sacred 1 and 2(community patch). And hope no one notices.
Sorry for my little rant I had a lot of fun on the sacred multiplayer in the past and its all gone in favour of a new audience. :(
sorry again.

I'm interested but not because of that dreadful trailer (all the skipping around is really annoying). Sacred series is always an interesting action RPG with slightly different mechanics.

I'm also glad it's not coming out anytime soon, although I don't see how my state of game overload is going to ease at this rate.

I still need to get around to trying out the original Sacred one of these days. I skipped it originally because I thought it was just a generic Diablo clone.

Rumor has it that this is a linear ARPG along the lines of Dungeon Siege 3.

<Blech>

If that's true, and the open world concept is gone.. Then, this is a dud..

The game is exactly what I thought it would be. A mindless Co-Op hack & slash designed for consoles. I had a bad felling when they announced the developer.:disappointed:

Basically I liked the first game, tolerated the second one, and wont even play the third one. I will continue to cover any news on the game for those that are interested.

For all of its faults, the Sacred series did well because of its differences to the Diablo series. An open world and quirky characters set it apart. By trying to make a similar but worse Diablo, I think Deep Silver will drive a succesful series into the dirt.

The community In sacred was great. It was fun watching 16 players go on quests and pvp in a open world. Yes it was not for everybody but it was a very fun game. Hopefully there will still be some more community patches for sacred 2. I know some one is trying to create a new loot mod with new weapons and armours. Luckily the community for sacred seems to be alive and kicking. Thank god for modders.
If any one is interested.
sacred community
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php
community patch
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index...acred-2-cm-patch-now-available-for-ice-blood/
There also other mods located there.

Back
Top Bottom