A comic that shows the truth.

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
With the political climate and the world at large makes you think the world is going to ruin. Two People with different scenarios shared there views on how people will be controlled or made docile.

I wonder which one is happening now doesn't. Makes you worry doesn't cause its the truth everywhere you look.

2009-05-Amusing-Ourselves-to-Death.png

Interesting proposition. I think both authors miss the boat a bit because they both ascribe sinister intent to the government. Seems to me that people will willingly hand over the keys to the nanny state (which fits both authors somewhat), but all the "evils" will be done thru the most destructive of motivators, good intentions.

Interesting proposition. I think both authors miss the boat a bit because they both ascribe sinister intent to the government. Seems to me that people will willingly hand over the keys to the nanny state (which fits both authors somewhat), but all the "evils" will be done thru the most destructive of motivators, good intentions.

I agree. Everywhere you look people keep asking to become a nanny state. Its not the governments job to tell you how to live. Yet people seem to want that and freely give up more freedoms for safety.

Though I fear Huxley is right the things we love will destroy us. We depend on technology to much.

All 3 books are standards here, they are all taught at school.

I agree. Everywhere you look people keep asking to become a nanny state. Its not the governments job to tell you how to live. Yet people seem to want that and freely give up more freedoms for safety.

Though I fear Huxley is right the things we love will destroy us. We depend on technology to much.
Ya, let's go back to the caves and eat raw meat clawed out of a deer corpse with our bare bloodstained fingers and nails while dying of disease in the great old age of 30. Wouldn't wanna depend on technology "too much" (how much is too much exactly?) now, would we.

If anything, it is the lack of advanced technology that will destroy us.

Do we have the technology to induce and sustain nuclear reactions, harvesting an abundance of energy from the fusion of hydrogen atoms, requiring no fuel beyond a steady supply of regular water? No, we still burn fossil fuels, bought from the most rotten dictatorial regimes on the planet (irony of fate).

Do we have the technology to clone edible tissues of domestic animals, providing a never-ending supply of meat that was never part of an actually living and conscious animal? No, we still have to breed billions of cows, pigs, chickens and other animals, cleaning up their shit and killing them mercilessly when they are "ripe".

Do we have a unified ubiquitous wireless information network, permanently conjoining every digital electronic device in any urban area on the planet? No, we have separate infrastructure for computers, phones, mobile phones, television, etc.

Speaking of computers, we still largely rely on rotating fairly large and vulnerable magnetic/optical disks inside bulky storage devices to store information efficiently, instead of thumb-sized flat plastic datacards with a layer of nanoscopic memory cells.

Electric cars? Regeneration of lost limbs/organs? Liquid paper? Artificial wood? Nanotechnology shrinking the size of a computing system block to negligible dimensions? Hello, we're barely out of the Stone Age.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to disagree with you. You seem to be part of the technophile crowd and me well I'm a technophobe to a small degree. All I see is people becoming to reliant on electronics's its pitiful.

Back
Top Bottom