The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Sounds bad.

Good luck anyway !

It sucks being without internet, especially when the provider obviously is not very service minded and will fix will the problem asap. I hope you find some kind of solution soon.

What kind of Internet connection do you have and what is wrong with it?

If it's a copper cable connection then I guess you only have this one connection from the house to the exchange. Other providers will usually depend on the same cable and just cross connect the connection in the exchange. So if the problem is with the cable then it won't help getting a different provider unless you pay a lot to get a new cable to the home. It could be Comcast knows where the problem is and that the cost to fix the line is rather expensive.

Telecom companies don't want to make new cable connections unless they really have to. In Norway we start making the cable connection obsolete by 2017. People will instead be offered mobile broadband and in urban areas optical fibre.

Where I live we have the following connection possibilities for Internet:
* Very old copper cable (xDSL)
* Coax cable delivered by cable TV company
* Optical fibre
* Mobile broadband (3G and soon LTE)

Only with the mobile broadband can I select a different provider using a different network. For the other 3 I can only select one provider. For VDSL (that I can use) I have 50 year old cables into the home and other providers will have to use this cable too.

If my memory is serving me right I believe Azraelck is living in a rural area far from people. So I wonder what kind of connections are available there besides Comcast.
What kind of company is Comcast?

Last edited:
Comcast is a cable company. So they're using a different line than what a dsl would run. With DSL, I have a couple of choices. I also have the option of satellite, with DirectTV.

I won't be able to do anything until friday afternoon, so I'm definitely out this friday. We'll see about next week.

Just found in the DDO forums :

Guys, do you know why the coupon code Ship01 has the 01 included?

More room for 02, 03, 04

:biggrin:

Edit : What does "soloing a tower" mean ?
And what means "growing a pair" ?

Last edited:
Soloing a tower refers to Tomb of the Wizard King where there are 3 different towers inside with a boss at the top. All 3 must be killed to get the extra chest and one of the 3 is needed for completion. This quest is often farmed for XP and then people do each tower separately to save time.

Thank you.

On second thought, it could also mean the tower within Delara's Graveyard.

Soloing a tower means doing the tower by yourself. Growing a pair (of balls, implied) means stop being a chicken :)

Thank you for that explanation.

Finally ! My Artificer has his second Runearm ! Ahem. Just had to say. ;)
I finished the Catacombs quest chain and died 2 times - and only milliseconds before he died as well, my Iron Defender managed to kill that end boss (don't want to spoil any occotional reader) … ;)
Thus, as end reward, I finally got my second Runearm !

And, by the way, he is not an "Combat Engineer", too - meaning he has his Prestige Enhancement now as well. ;)

On the negative side I have several absolutely excellent weapons for him (and stuff for the Defender, too), but I can't use it until level 8 … I found it odd that the quest rewards for the quests I had been doing with that PUG (before Catacombs) always contained level 8 stuff, too … I didn't notice thus I don't remember anymore if one of them was level 8 … But, well, now I have some excellent Repeaters until 2 levels later …

I probably won't be there on Friday. I've got to attend a burial on Friday morning a bit more than 100 km away from here, and we probably will have to do some work there, too. So I don't know when I'll be back again. Perhaps even Saturday.

I might hazard that level 8 stuff is appearing more since you can now vet to level 7!!

I might hazard that level 8 stuff is appearing more since you can now vet to level 7!!

Hm, didn't think of it yet … Interesting thought …

What I'm also seeing much more often than before are robes and non-metal armor including wooden shields.

For Druids, of course. ;)

Interestingly, +3 Robes cannot be disjuncted (spelling ?) in the Cannoth Crafting. They don't give a +3 potion, or I'm not experienced enough (read : my characters who tried it) in Cannith Crafting yet.

Supposedly, lootgen was changed to give more level-appropriate rewards.

I really have no idea, but it is imho at least changed so that Druids might get more wooden shields, robes and such (what's the English word for what Monks wear ?).

Of particular note:
■Traps on Heroic Elite difficulty have been toned down a bit, and should be easier to detect and deal reduced damage. All other difficulties are unchanged.

yep. acid hallway doing 50-65 no save, 21-25 w/save.

Still trouble for peeps without ships. but we have one, time to TR.

This looks interesting :

DDO Bonus Days continues with +2 Loot, now through July 29th!

That plus the Loot Gem as the last Free Item Of The week … ;)

The new sale : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

If you don't have a Mini-Golem, you can buy one again : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorelimitedrelease

New Free Item Of The Week :

July 27 - August 2
Summoned Repair Shop
Use Coupon Code SRS555
1/Account

Screenshot of the week :
072312screenshotwk82.jpg

That's one everybody should pick up!

SRS555

edit- fairly large patch. plan ahead.

Back
Top Bottom