Mass Effect 2: The Romance Poll

Who did you end up with in Mass Effect 2?

• Miranda

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Jacob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tali

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Garrus

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Jack

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Thane

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Kelly

• Samara

• Morinth

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Thank you, but I prefer my own company.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Jaz

Play nice.©
Alrik and CelesteGB suggested a Mass Effect 'Who did you romance and why' poll, so here it is :). This is for ME2, mainly because I couldn't fit Ashley, Kaidan and Liara into the poll (just 10 poll options, unfortunately). But you may write about your ME1 romances here, too, if you so wish.

I'd like you to:

*Check the romance option you chose
*Post the reason why you chose a certain option
*Give your Shep's major stats (gender, class, background) for reference.

So … here we go …

Male Vanguard

None of the ladies really appealed to me in ME2, as a romantic option, though if I had to pick, it would most likely have been Tali. She was the female companion that had the deepest personality of the lot, and seemed like a rather pleasant person to get to know.

Jack was never really an option. She was a scantly clad psychotic killer, not exactly my type.
Miranda felt like the option that the devs almost wanted to force upon me to consider hot, considering how the camera most of the time during dialogues were focused on either her chest or her behind. Still, her personality did not appeal to me, and she had these huge distracting teeth that I ended up staring at as soon as the camera actually decided to focus on her face.
Samara did not even strike me as an option, I did not know that you could romance her, but again, I did not like her personality. Also, the camera was far too often focused on her chest.

Also, if you decide to google the game to make sure that you don't mix up the characters, make sure that it actually registers the M in mass effect. The results if you don't can be traumatic...

Since I was disappointed with the weak continuity flow in the relationship between Shepherd and Liara from the first game, I elected to make him choose no-one and instead brood whilst walking his semi-renegade path. ;) Too apathetic to be interested in any of the others.

Hm... thinking of it I should have made this poll multiple choice, but it's too late for that now *estupido*.

Anyway, here's my story ...
My FemShep Infiltrator avoided romances in ME1 because Kaidan was a whiner and Liara was not quite to her liking, either. In ME she checked all options and ended up with Garrus - twice (replayed it just because I wanted to try out some other options - but I couldn't).
What's not to love about the guy? He's badass, he's a dork, he desperately wants to do good but brings death and destruction wherever he treads, yet he doesn't whine half as much as Kaidan did, and his (German) voice is ... uh ... very sexy. I liked Jacob, but he was just a tad TOO noble and good for my taste, felt more like a brother to me ... and Thane? No thank you. Too much of an emo goth for my (and FemShep's) taste. Too introspective. And while I like snakes, his skin creeped me out. No no, I prefer Dragon Cats.
Kelly might have been another option just because she's cute, but not as long as Garrus was present :).

My MaleShep Soldier went for Liara in ME 1 because he/I found Ashleys personality to be really, really ugly, somehow. But quite contrary to my FemShep he was a nice guy and tried to be everybody's darling, so he was friendly to all the girls in ME2. He ended up with Jack because Tali (his second favorite) was good and nice, anyway while Jack could use that little extra portion of love to become a nicer person. Hehe, he's a Samaritan ^^.

Samara was not a full-fledged romance option, but you could have an affair, same with Morinth (*shudder*). I still included them.

I never finished ME1 but was romancing Kaiden but he was just too....Kaiden. I remember thinking that it was too bad Garrus wasn't an option because he had The Voice. When I started ME2 and was talking up Jacob, my Shepard was all oozing and smoozing and it made me ill. Talking to Garrus was much more respectable and I liked him for all the reasons you mentioned Jaz. I was doing the Collector ship mission and was getting mentally fried and had two geth right in my face. I meleed one and got spun around and was trying to hit "f" and Garrus kindly came along and just elbowed him and walked away. Geez, I felt stupid:lol: I literally hung my head and followed him sheepishly.

I guess I like dorks :)

I never finished ME1 but was romancing Kaiden but he was just too….Kaiden. I remember thinking that it was too bad Garrus wasn't an option because he had The Voice. When I started ME2 and was talking up Jacob, my Shepard was all oozing and smoozing and it made me ill.

That's not Jacob's fault, it's the writers fault.

Colonist, sole survivor.
2e3crbc.jpg

Liara ftw.
Slight "gaming" of the moral meter - usually renegading when it seemed inconsequential, paragoning the seemingly more important stuff. Opportunist playthrough, I guess.

The "canon" romance was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47aheRgeRI

Voted Garrus, calibrations and all.

Last edited:
I LOLed at that video :). A Keeper, eh? Poor Jacob.

I've chosen Garrus, since his romance was hilarious :p very awakward and cute. Thane was too serious for my liking (frog face didn't help either), and Jacob was irritating me most of the time. I didn't play ME1 before ME2 so I never knew Kaidan nor Liara.

Ofcourse I played female Shep, solider and I think I chose either earth born or sole survivor. Can't rememeber which one tho.

I think I've tried all the options, but Miranda was the first. I played a male Sentinel. I think Tali was the next.

I don't remember pursuing a romance in the game, but Miranda was definitely the most sexually attractive. I could have made it with her without remembering - which should say something about how little I invest in these things for a game.

That said, I do seem to recall having something of a crush on Bastilla in KotOR - so they must do something right with these things. Well, actually I think it was the voice for the character that did it more than anything :)

I see that you like to take up in the ass alien dicks

No, thanks to hemorrhoids. But since you brought up the topic it seems to be something that occupies your - supposedly male - mind?

Stayed true to Liara, which is doable through the Shadowbroker DLC.

Miranda, but I flirted with Kelly when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom