The TV Series discussion thread

The subbed version is already out, I have seen the first 5. Pretty good so far.
Good to hear. It isn't available on my net flix though.

Lostforever, heard good things about orphan black. I'm 10 min into episode 2 for a year now. It didn't caught me immediately, it's time to start it seriously.

Orphan Black seemed great in the first season, not so much in the second. Neither one of us wanted to watch past the second episode of the most recent series.

Maybe because I am from UK but these British science fictions shows tend to look and feel like other drams from UK so I don't find them "other wordy" enough to suspend disbelieve. The recent UK show i really enjoyed was Orphan Black but I guess it was shot in Canada?

The show mentioned by a poster that's on my ignorelist is a Holywood(ish?) remake of the most exotic sci fi material already mentioned in this thread - Äkta människor:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/
As usual, I say watch the original, skip this silly remake.

As for Orphan Black I'm unsure if it was shot in USA or Canada, but is definetly somewhere in North America, it's unique, full of fresh ideas with a very interesting script, wacky music and superb acting. It's one of those rare shows that returns you faith into television material after so many soaps, remakes, copycats, reairs and overall boredom.

I just watched the season finale of GoT. I definitely didn't see that ending coming, but I think it's pretty obvious where they're gonna take that next.

Halt and catch fire.

For North American TV HBO set a new standard in what TV could be in 1999 with "The Sopranos". Before that most thought we had to watch crap with laugh tracks and any show that made men look like morons and women like bitches.

Since then I would say AMC has taken what HBO did showed us, yes those shows are good but lets make a HBO show but build character depth. Breaking Bad, The Killings, The walking Dead, Better call Saul and a few others.

Well anyone that lived through the 1980's and the computer wars that were going on you must watch this show. It starts off with a computer builder an X IMB man in 83 as they plan to take on the BIG BLUE MACHINE with a fictional company.

What can I say if you lived back then you just love it. Everything from them drinking TAB out of a steel can to C-64's and the hate for IBM.

Last edited:
I just watched the season finale of GoT. I definitely didn't see that ending coming, but I think it's pretty obvious where they're gonna take that next.

go on then take a guess :)

It's also no coincidence she basically made sure Baratheons get wiped through manipulations.
Or… Did she?

We didn't see Stannis actually killed. Also, we can't be sure Jon Snow is dead - human body can survive multiple stab wounds if are not critical. On top of that, the lil' poisoned princess on the ship… Are we sure she dead?

Sorry JDR, but while season 5 was the best season of them all IMO, I haven't a slighest idea "where they're gonna take that next".

About got season finale. Imo it is obvious that
The priest, Melisandre is going to use her magic to ressurrect Jon Snow. We already saw in season 3 how the other red priest, Rhoros of Myr had revived Beric Dondarrion. Everytime Beric fell in battle, Myr managed to bring him back from the death. I belive it had happened six times at least.

Lostforever, heard good things about orphan black. I'm 10 min into episode 2 for a year now. It didn't caught me immediately, it's time to start it seriously.

I saw it from a "helpful" streaming site however the video quality and sub were good enough for me!

About got season finale. Imo it is obvious that…
Sorry, but from what I've seen so far in series, she doesn't posess such power.
Doesn't mean she can't turn dead into a zombie or blue eyes though.

Dunno where are you from exactly, but australian minister believes using VPN to access streams blocked for idiotic stone age geolocation should be legalized:
http://torrentfreak.com/netflix-vpn-problem-leave-consumers-alone-aussie-minister-says-150617/
“If Australian rights owners have got issues about American sites selling content to Australians in respect of which they do not have Australian rights, they should take it up with them. The big boys can sort it out between themselves and leave the consumers out of it,” Turnbull said.
Basically, after paying (or accessing a freebie) over VPN, if in Australia noone will ask you anything.

I suspect this will soon happen worldwide - geoblocking IMO hurts the industry as a customer who'd pay for something can't even access it so the only way to reach the content is risking with VPN or so called warez links.
The only problematic part is something I often post about - the idiocy of censorship. Different countries, different censors. Censors IMO need to be removed. I believe every human being is smart enough to decide what's worth watching and what's not wort paying a dime for. Sadly, some countries believe their citizens are stupid.

Last edited:
I saw it from a "helpful" streaming site however the video quality and sub were good enough for me!
I'm addicted to the netflix formulae, so easy. I wait till July 4 (netflix Belgium). I only use helpful sites for one or two must-see series these days. Such as GoT of course, I like the blue eyes theory more (what I want to happpen).

I suspect this will soon happen worldwide - geoblocking IMO hurts the industry as a customer who'd pay for something can't even access it so the only way to reach the content is risking with VPN or so called warez links.
The only problematic part is something I often post about - the idiocy of censorship. Different countries, different censors. Censors IMO need to be removed. I believe every human being is smart enough to decide what's worth watching and what's not wort paying a dime for. Sadly, some countries believe their citizens are stupid.
It will be a long time before everyone is treated equally. Content providers (the suits) want to sell the exclusive rights to the highest bidder per country.

I'm telling you that those suits believe either that internet doesn't exist or that everyone on internet is pirating their content. They do not want to admit they're idiots and that the amount of illegal streams can be solved by geoblock shutdown.

-

Meanwhile on the modern worldwide platform that airs anime only (although with some problems where, again, some shows because of moneyloss suits' decisions are not available everywhere), Crunchyroll, I've started to watch Parasyte - the Maxim:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasyte-the-maxim-

The story looks as a rehash of Invasion of Body Snatchers, but is turned upside down. Basically, the protagonist avoids to be "infected" by an alien parasyte who gets stuck in his hand, but the thing is intelligent and they both develop a certain synergic bond where, because of next stuff that happens, the main acter starts losing his humanity while the alien who is supposed to be something like Borg and Replicators, actually develops it!

Because of japanese idiotic hardcore censorship, I didn't expect to see so much blood in it, but it's there. Graphic violence is however toned down, what authors did to as censor workaround was Hitchockian style of letting the watcher to imagine what happens during gore scenes, and they did it in a masterful way where you'll see only bits and your (evil) imagination will do the rest.

Just to add, the first ep was so-so, by the time I got to ep 5 I got hooked. Totally.
Can't promise that the thrill ride will last through all of it as I didn't finish watching it, but IMO this is one of those mustwatch before dying shows. Not because of it's phylosophical thoughts, traps and misconceptions about life, but because it's one of those rare anime shows that are not mainstream childish clone crap.
If you're into exotic stuff, give this a shot. If all you care about is mainstream, if you're scared of trying anything new, please do not click on the link above and forget you've seen this post.

The detailed review:
http://anitay.kinja.com/parasyte-the-maxim-the-ani-tay-review-1693768288

Last edited:
Thanks, it's noted. That's what I like most about anime, exploring the stranger (hard) scifi and fantasy concepts.

Finished Broadchurch season 1. I really got into it and empathised with the characters a lot at the end, which doesnt happen that often. I was a bit worried the first two episodes that it would be more about the drama and how people dealt with the tragedy. However after that it picked up speed as it continued the detective story. Of course, Doctor Who can never do wrong.

Been watching
- Penny Dreadful (UK show) - very dark, no holds (or holes…) barred. What's with Dorian Grey!? He seems pointless after about 1.5 seasons…Those witches are nasty…
- Salem - another fun witchery yarn, also pretty gruesome.
- Vikings (now done)
- GoT (well, I read the books, but I was still a little surprised by some of the things that went down…)
- Black Sails (pirates! I quite like the setting, premise etc and I know some people involved in set/shoots so kind of got sucked into it ;)
- Defiance - new season started recently. I like it, but I am tolerant of most things scifi/fantasy.

Broadchurch Season 2 is quite gripping.
I've been watching an OLD series The Guardian with Simon Baker made several years before The Mentalist. Quite interesting and in some ways daring for the time!!

Can't say if Broadchurch season one is better than season two or vice versa, but both are superb!

Wait, no, I can. Season 2 is better. Welsh best kept secret took a role in it! I adore her so much, could watch her ironing 24/7.

Then you obviously loved Torchwood!! :)

Wait who is Welsh ? Can't find her in the casting. It seems she has perfected ironing, the perfect housewife then.

Finished homeland season 3. It was good, seriously good up to now. And as this story line has finished I can safely say I rank it quite closely to the top of my imaginary top 100 most entertaining series list. A pleasant surprise as I didn't know anything about it.

I'm getting excited for sense8 again after reading the imdb reviews so that will be next. Also the fact that the Babylon 5 guy is involved has something to do with it, b5 is the second best sci-fi show ever. The explicit homosexual scenes did put me off a little, can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom