Her Story

S

Sacred_Path

https://www.gog.com/game/her_story

As a fan of the Phantasmagoria games, this was an instabuy for me. I expected more of a linear adventure though. The game is also very short, unless you're absolutely hunting for all clips you'll unravel the story very quickly. The direction it's heading in is also pretty clear from the start. Still, an enjoyable little game and a steal at this price.

I was considering this one, as I've always been a fan of FMV. However, I'm not sure if the gameplay appeals to me. That is, typing in keywords in the police database to find new clues. That's what is basically boils down to, isn't it?

I was considering this one, as I've always been a fan of FMV. However, I'm not sure if the gameplay appeals to me. That is, typing in keywords in the police database to find new clues. That's what is basically boils down to, isn't it?

It's Red Dead Redemption with a database, essentially.

Unless there's a lot more to this than what I'm seeing, I'm not sure if I could think of anything less appealing.

I think it looks pretty interesting as a one-time experience. Sort of like a detective adventure game? But then again, I haven't really read about it.

It's not really my thing, but most of what I read about it is extremely positive. Basically there are a huge number of really short videos and your using clues you pick up in one video to do new searches to find new videos with new information. There is no quest or anything that tracks the progress you are making in any way, which is the part I don't like. I don't think it's possible to "win" and you can question if it necessarily counts as a game or not. But even though it's not my thing, I can understand the appeal, it's original and pretty well done for what it is. Sacred suggests that the story is unraveled quickly, but some of the reviews suggest that if you dig through the videos you find that there is a lot more going on then you might have initially thought. However, I didn't have the interest in the game to play it all that much, so I can't say who is correct.

Not to get too spoilery, but I've found more than half of the videos before stopping.

What's pretty clear is

it's a crime and who committed it

but then

mental illness and an "interesting" childhood come into play

I doubt that there's more to it than that, although I don't know it. Maybe someone can confirm?

Back
Top Bottom