Good Old Games - Relaunches as "GOG.com"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Good Old Games has relaunched as "GOG.com" (if you're failing to notice the difference, the words have gone). They'll now be adding newer games, have refreshed the site and Legend of Grimrock is an exclusive new preorder:
Bigger.
Year after year we’re getting bigger and so our service needs to adjust. Bigger means more users, and therefore more website features, more social interaction, more customer love. Bigger means AAA new and newer titles and more partners--and especially developers!--signed every month. Bigger means a mix of the classic titles that you’ve come to know and love from GOG.com and newer with the kind of great gameplay that makes them feel like instant classics.

Fresher
GOG.com does not need a brand-new start. We’re doing great and hundreds of thousands of you agree that the road we’ve taken is the right one for the industry to follow. However, spring is nearby, and a little cleaning to spruce up the place is never amiss. Fresher GOG.com means changes to the website layout, which now offers a more modern look; it also means we’re featuring our Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus accounts at the footer of every page and more social integration overall. Fresher means more of the features you want. The My Account page now has a built-in search feature, new organization options for the games library, and the website is no longer the only way to deliver notifications to gamers. We’re offering the new, faster than ever GOG.com downloader, which integrates support for downloading game patches, goodies, and notifications to keep GOG users up to date on changes to games they have purchased, replies to forum threads, or PMs.
There's also an interview at GameSpot if you'd like to read more.
More information.

Told ya :)

At least they didn't feel the need to insult their user base when the made the name switch, like when SciFi became SyFy.

I'm probably going to keep calling it Good Old Games though. I do hope they keep their promise to keep releasing older titles. Following press releases have made me weary of PR and constant empty promises.

:thinking: don't know - we have to ask Myrthos about it… :)

Odd. Everyone I know already refers to them as GOG. They probably want to copyright the name. Isn't that a thrill to get hyped over?

Last edited:
Odd. Everyone I know already refers to theme as GOG. They probably want to copyright the name. Isn't that a thrill to get hyped over?

It's probably because they don't want their name misleading potential customers into presuming they don't also sell new games since they plan to increase their selection of those.

As long as it's not like the Zam network taking over Allakhazam and then sucking infinitely.

Back
Top Bottom