Pricewatch!

I'm not buying anything until Steam Summer Sale, which should happen in a week or so :)

Why? The GMG summer sale is already running, and they're usually not more expensive than Steam. More the opposite.

Amazon.com on the other hand had some killer deals in the last sales.

Sales. Sales all around.

This is unacceptable.

I barely made it out alive of gog's sping insomnia sale, Gamersgate's, Humble Bundle's and Bundle Stars' one too. I bought around 70 games. Maybe more…

… and now the summer sales are starting? :wow:

This is utter madness!

Last edited:
The key is to only buy things of which you know that you will 100% play them within the next 6 months. ;)

haha haha haha haha … oh, wait, you're serious?!? ;)

Well, I have got 152 Games on Steam and there are...3 games (all adventure games) which I plan to play later. All the other games are either "done" (finished or aborted) or "maturing" (mainly Early Access, eg via Kickstarter). So I guess that is quite a healthy ratio. ^^

I've finally settled into a buying pattern that seems to be keeping me fairly safe when it comes to these sales. If it's something I actually want and just haven't been able to justify paying full price for, all well and good. If it's something that looks like it might be interesting, I'll only get it if it's less than £5, and even then I can usually talk myself out of it by finding one or two flaws with it (quicktime events, bad saving systems, etc.).

It helps that I've got most of the older games that I want and that most of the newer AAA games aren't remotely appealing. :p

Addendum:

Oh no, it begins! The GoG summer sale just started.

Last edited:
I've finally settled into a buying pattern that seems to be keeping me fairly safe when it comes to these sales. If it's something I actually want and just haven't been able to justify paying full price for, all well and good. If it's something that looks like it might be interesting, I'll only get it if it's less than £5, and even then I can usually talk myself out of it by finding one or two flaws with it (quicktime events, bad saving systems, etc.).

It helps that I've got most of the older games that I want and that most of the newer AAA games aren't remotely appealing. :p

Addendum:

Oh no, it begins! The GoG summer sale just started.

Good system.
I'll try it out with GoG's summer sale but I'll need a lot of willpower. :uhoh:

Argh. I'm losing an impossible battle!

Last edited:
I can't even get logged in to GoG so that should help save some money. <grumble>

So... uh... about this term "Summer"....

Crap, I said I wouldn't buy anything until Steam's Summer Sale, but just bought King of Dragon Pass in GOG's Summer Sale, never played it but almost all reviews are 5 stars, so guess I should give it a try.

Jade Empire (Gold/Special/Ultimate edition) is currently £2.30 on Steam.

Didn't even notice before but there is some sale on Origin.
And again, it's worth puking.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/browse?q=mass effect

So, ME1-3, one by one, you may buy for 4+3+3=10€
Or? Buy ME trilogy for 25€!

What kind of bullshit is that? EA bullshit.
Oh yes, with "trilogy" option you get Pinnacle station (that costs 5€ and is crap) for free!

No, you don't get all DLC within "trilogy" and you have to buy those separately with Bioware Points.
Are Bioware Points on sale? No.

Scamism doesn't stop there.
ME3 digital deluxe edition - only 10€!
Don't clik it! Because if you buy standard edition for 3€, you may pay 2.5€ for digital deluxe edition upgrade which is total of 5.5€.

God, I'm gonna puke once more.

Isn't that EA/Bioware Policy anyways? Making a great base game and then milking the customers by overpriced or low quality DLCs and Expansions.
It's not too bad if you can limit yourself to the base games.

Yes EA does that with everything (Sims 3 is the worst example), but what kind of a sale is this?
I mean, you buy a pack thing and pay more than buying things one by one.

Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom