Underrail - Video Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pixabyte Video channnel on youtube has a 20 minute video preview of Underrail. Enjoy as the game gives me a classic Fallout feeling.
We take an early look at UnderRail, a turn-based isometric indie role playing game coming soon to PC.

More information.

Skip the video. They have a playable alpha right now.

Hmmm, is the alpha only available if the game is preordered?

Edit: Only alpha link I can find is for 0.4.1 which is 8 months old and also unavailable for some reason (server overloaded?).

Last edited:
Game looks great for an indie… Just bought it on GamersGate for 8 euro. Very good offer if you ask me - and you get Alpha access.

The UI could use some spice to be honest. I'm no artist - but I could make it look quite a bit better.

Other than that, though, it looks really solid.

Game looks great for an indie… Just bought it on GamersGate for 8 euro. Very good offer if you ask me - and you get Alpha access.

The UI could use some spice to be honest. I'm no artist - but I could make it look quite a bit better.

Other than that, though, it looks really solid.

Yeah the UI (some aspects of functionality like moving/trading and stacking large-quantity inventory items such as credits and the aesthetics) is probably my least favorite aspect of the game. I think the clunkyness of moving around and splitting stacks of items in trading is probably a bigger (still minor) annoyance for me than the overall design though. Hopefully it's feasible to use Kickstarter when it comes time to do an eventual sequel - being able to hire a broader staff with their own more specific specializations such as UI design would do wonders.

For what it is though and what it costs, I do have to agree that it is a remarkable deal and I have been having a lot of fun with it.

Yeah the UI (some aspects of functionality like moving/trading and stacking large-quantity inventory items such as credits and the aesthetics) is probably my least favorite aspect of the game. I think the clunkyness of moving around and splitting stacks of items in trading is probably a bigger (still minor) annoyance for me than the overall design though. Hopefully it's feasible to use Kickstarter when it comes time to do an eventual sequel - being able to hire a broader staff with their own more specific specializations such as UI design would do wonders.

For what it is though and what it costs, I do have to agree that it is a remarkable deal and I have been having a lot of fun with it.

Hopefully I'll make enough money off of this game to do that without using Kickstater. ;)

Hopefully I'll make enough money off of this game to do that without using Kickstater. ;)

That would be pretty cool. If you do end up getting that much money, just promise you won't go crazy and spend it all on a survivalist bunker in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom