Vampyr - Action RPG Announced

killias2

Disastrous Fate
According to TheSixthAxis.com, Focus Home Interactive and Dontnod Entertainment have announced a new action-RPG called Vampyr. It will apparently be set after World War 1, during the Spanish flu epidemic. The main character is a doctor-turned vampire who has to make moral choices about embracing this new found vampirism or doing a doctor's work and helping the vulnerable. No other details have been released. In fact, the platforms for the game have yet to be revealed. If the game is any good, here's hoping it comes to PC.

More information.

So you can choose to play a nightshift doctor treating victims of the influenza epidemic of the early 1920's? Why include the vampire(yr) angle?

Probably to have there some action (vampire hunting victims) if it should be action RPG. I doubt that action in this game means doctor's frenetic surgery. :biggrin:

I think its actually interesting concept, much more than expected. But it seems to be more suited for traditional RPG or adventure game.

Last edited:
So you can choose to play a nightshift doctor treating victims of the influenza epidemic of the early 1920's? Why include the vampire(yr) angle?
Because it's gotta be DARK!

Lets see how it turns out. I hope for more Bloodlines type game. That game also had more actiony parts.

Because it's gotta be DARK!

Precisely the reason I won't be buying this one before I hear some input from those who did.

Anything is better than yet-another-zombie-game.

pibbur who hopes this will be true, but who fears he can't avoid comparing it to VTM Bloodlines

Sounds like an interesting setting and premise. Shame it's going to be an action RPG.

Right, the "action" part makes me a bit sceptical as well. But games like Risen or DA:I are action rpgs/adventures as well and I like them. There are a lot more variables to a game, so it shouldn't be judged by the genre.

Last edited:
Right, the "action" part makes me a bit sceptical as well. But games like Risen or DA:I are action rpgs/adventures as well and I like them. There are a lot more variables to game, so it shouldn't be judged by the genre.

Point taken. I scoff at your DA:I ante, but I'll see your Risen and raise you a Bloodlines. :)

I've played Bloodlines so long ago that I even don't remember how action-packed it actually was. ;)

I've played Bloodlines so long ago that I even don't remember how action-packed it actually was. ;)
I still play both Vampire: Bloodlines and Vampire: Redemption. Thanks to Wesp5 and a few other modders I always find new content to keep me interested.:whew:

Bloodlines was neat.

This sounds like an interesting concept, but Remember Me also sounded interesting, with a somewhat lackluster execution afterwards.
Don't you dare make fun of DARK as it was a decent budget Vampire game.
I think the reviewers and users did this already. Critics: 4.1/10, Users 4.3/10. Seems to be a very consistent rejection throughout. Did those people miss anything?

Btw, DARK is in a current bundle on Bundle Stars.

Back
Top Bottom