Gothic 3 Graphic pop-in very annoying.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Can some tell me the ini. tweak to make items appear further away? I know it's mentioned somewhere in one of these threads, but I can't seem to find it.
This game suffers from serious pop-in issues. I already found out how to increase
the draw distance for grass, I just need to do it for everything else now.

Well it would be in the Gothic ini tweak thread.

While I can't recall off hand what to change in the ini, If you have the HP you can change this in the Options menu.
Select Custom and the top two control Distance Draw, now the top one High detail will eat the most HP, so if you are on a Medium or less machine try messing with the Low Detail first Medium setting it not too bad.
Now if you got even more power to spare after adjusting those two you can next work the Object Detail which iir is the Distance Draw for Objects.

Nevermind about those tweaks , I found them.

Now I just need to figure out how to turn on antialiasing in this game. I've tried forcing it in my drivers, but it doesn't look like it's working. This game needs it bad, even at 1280x1024 those jaggies are ugly.

Radeon x1950xtx with Catalyst 6.10

Anti Aliasing and Bloom is hard to combine - it is not possible in Gothic 3, yet (?).

Anti Aliasing and Bloom is hard to combine - it is not possible in Gothic 3, yet (?).

I'm starting to think that maybe G3's engine doesn't support AA at all. I know that people have tried it with Bloom disabled and still couldn't get it to work.

I hope this is something a patch can fix. I hate how the edges on some objects seem to 'crawl' as you move towards or away from them. This is very noticeable even at 1280x1024.

I managed to get quincux antialiasing working just fine with my 6800gt (with Depth of Field setting). It's not a great AA method, but it works I think.

Back
Top Bottom