Witcher 3 Things we like instead of......

The Witcher 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Well aside from the tons of chatter about graphics and controls I thought it would be nice to have a topic of things we like. Though the above I have no problems with at all I think they are great.

I am not to far into the game I had to wait a few days but it beautiful and open. The interaction so far with the world is amazing. I have enjoyed just exploring around and doing a few of the side quests. It will be interesting to see if and how any of these impact the game later.

Spent some time swimming, I found it done better than most.

So for not a complaint to be had...

4 Hours in.

Enjoy the combat, especially the less arcadey feel from W2 and animations are also well done.
So far quests are good. No fedex.
Love the atmosphere, takes me back to the Gothic feeling that I haven't had since Gothic 2.
Just so glad that this isnt Inquisition, like many thought it would be.

I think it's bloody marvellous. I'm tempted to put it on ice now that PC enhancements are on the cards after the PR balls-up, but the game seems so good I wonder if that makes any sense.

I think it's bloody marvellous. I'm tempted to put it on ice now that PC enhancements are on the cards after the PR balls-up, but the game seems so good I wonder if that makes any sense.

I don't see how it can get any better.... Though I don't know I keep losing focus as there is so much to do ...

See loss of focus I am into a witcher quest without reading the level you should be at. Needless to say I am in a deep into a cave and getting near the end of the quest and it got HARD really HARD. I sort of forgot about reading this part as I was starting to think why can't I finish this...I am at level 5 and the level they say you should be at is 33.

See loss of focus I am into a witcher quest without reading the level you should be at. Needless to say I am in a deep into a cave and getting near the end of the quest and it got HARD really HARD. I sort of forgot about reading this part as I was starting to think why can't I finish this…I am at level 5 and the level they say you should be at is 33.

So that should be a REALLY easy quest on level 33, then?

I love the weather in the game, especially the part where you can be on the top of a hill under the sun while the village below is under strong wind, dark clouds and heavy rain.

So that should be a REALLY easy quest on level 33, then?

There was no real combat to get down to the area in question. Once there I don't know how easy it will be I kept dying once in the area never getting close to the end so I don't know how easy it will be.

I went back to White Orchard and cleared everything there.

I am not getting the Gothic level atmosphere yet but I am loving all the side quest. So much care and attention went into the one I have done so far. In each of them I try to guess what's going to happen but they always seems to have twist!

I am not getting the Gothic level atmosphere yet but I am loving all the side quest. So much care and attention went into the one I have done so far. In each of them I try to guess what's going to happen but they always seems to have twist!

Agreed. It would be fantastic if the level of quality can be maintained for the 100 hours.

I just love how when you clear a some area's like a town that has been abandoned and once you have killed everything people start coming back to it.

I just love how when you clear a some area's like a town that has been abandoned and once you have killed everything people start coming back to it.

I like that too! :)
This was used in one of the Far Cry as well, no? (did not play it, just saw it)

As for the rest, not going to say nothing new.
TW3 is a really good game, so far. My Geralt is only Lvl.4, but enjoying it very much.
Like it far better than TW2. But TW1 is still the best for me.

And to add...the level of detail and the atmosphere of the game is gorgeous.
The writing is great, and the voice acting as well. Like some of the clever and funny lines Geralt says and comments, but as well his serious side. It is done very well.

And just had a fight with the Shrieker, aka, Cockatrice. That was such a great fight! One of the best. And the fight with the werewolf was also great (died a few times in that one). So, the combat is also good and fluid, feels responsive and quick. One needs to know the opponents moves, and when to strike.

Somebody was moaning earlier (based on some demo clip) that Geralt is dry when coming out of the water after a swim. He isn't! He is not only wet, he is dripping! :thumbsup:

Crap now I am hooked on playing cards. Just when I thought I couldn't spend more time in this game.

I also love it when you knock someone off their horse and they are on their back you drive your sword into their chest on strike kill.

Everytime I step into the open fields and just look around see space in all 360 degree, I'm amazed at how they managed to do this. I know I said this before, but damn, the view distance is amazing. If you walk to the western edge of the White Orchard map you can even see, I assume, Vizima in the distance. Awesome.

And I just looked at the clock in GOG Galaxy, and I'm already 10 hours in and haven't even gone to the Nilfgaardian encampment to ask about Yennefer. Just having loads of fun with side quests and beating wolves. I'm barely level 2 and a half I think. I can pretty much handle the usual packs of wolves and a warg, since I found about 4 or 5 places of power.

And I still have at least two side quests that I can think of (the haunted well one and clearing the White Orchard Cemetary. I also stumbled upon a great black bear, and it tore me to shreds. I didn't stand a chance, even with Yrden. But I liked the random encounter.

Okay not it is getting really interesting, choices are getting really hard. I am at a point now and I don't know if I am being lied to or not. What to do what to do I love it.

I love the weather in the game, especially the part where you can be on the top of a hill under the sun while the village below is under strong wind, dark clouds and heavy rain.

Wow that is interesting... Means weather isn't necessarily just an overlay around the character.

Back
Top Bottom