WoW - The Burning Crusade - Sales Chaos

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you're not a WoW player the fever-pitch surrounding the release of The Burning Crusade probably seems bemusing. Alrik sends word that midnight sales of The Burning Crusade in Cologne and Bochum in Germany resulted in chaos and injuries as 600-800 people rushed the sales counter when the doors were opened. It's a strange world.
More information.

Mass hysteria is nothing new. Even in the PC world.

I remember a specific incident televised on CNN when Windows 98 launched. A woman stood in line for hours and bought 2 copies. When asked by the CNN reporter why she bought 2 copies, she replied;

"Oh, I don't even have a computer. But, this is such a big event."

My son got the collectors special edition through a friend of his who works for EB!! Looked VERY impressive!!

I'm thinking about getting it, but by no means am I taking part in a freakin melee to obtain a copy.

I'll wait a week or three if I decide that i want it, the servers are prolly absolute chaos anyway.

I have to admit, I expected massive lag and crashes during the launch of TBC, just like during the launch of WoW original two years ago, but Blizzard seems to have learned their lesson (shocking, isn't it?). It went surprisingly smoothly; we had some crashes and a bit of lag, naturally, but all in all it worked out well. Enjoying TBC so far. :)

Olnigg writes in his new 134th part of his "reviews" : "Not to forget : checking by March the latest whether in Google by using the search term "TBC" all links about Tuberculosis are replaced by other links on the first page."

(Please note that this is an extremely rough translation made by me.)

Soulds like you guys should start an RPGWatch guild. :)

Blizzard seems to have learned their lesson (shocking, isn't it?).

Blizzard always learns from their mistakes. Heck, they learn from other people's mistakes too - that's why their games are so good. <grin>

I have the feeling Blizzard that if Blizzard announced that they are now seeling their excrements, there would also be people rushing to the next store and buy them. And if Blizzard announced a special edition they would even pay 30 bucks more for it.
Honestly, I'm playing WoW myself - but this has become some kind of mass hysteria that can only described as idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom