Alpha Protocol - Choices and Sequels

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Omega points out this short article at Destructoid, with Obsidian's Tim Ernst telling them about choices and how they might continue into a possible sequel. Here's a sample:
"We've been working on this game for four years," he tells me, "so even before Mass Effect came out we were talking about these kinds of issues. I think every game is taking choices in a different direction. What we try to do is we have conversations, and depending on the choices you're going to see your reputation change. It's not this grand 'good or bad' scale; you're going to see different reputations with each person."
More information.

That´s the first time I hear about choices affecting events in a sequel.
Seems kinda more like alibi for an unfinished product to me.

Frankly, after reading this late revelation and after seeing the recently posted GDC walkthrough video which shows gameplay wasn´t really enhanced since E3 and the game seems to be ripping off Mass Effect up and down, I still can´t help but being not excited about Alpha Protocol, despite its rather fresh premise and Avellone involvement.

You didn't hear about this game called Mass Effect?
The "choices affecting sequel" part was meant specifically in regards to Alpha Protocol, not generally.
It´s strange to hear such thing this late.

I wonder if they manage to keep the reputation and decisions in the "grey area". I've seen many attempts at this, but it usually ends up being a fairly obvious good/evil thing regardless.

That would be quite a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom