The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Thanks for the Cale! What a great version!

Been lucky enough to see him a few times. Last time he performed whole of Paris 1919 with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and his current band. Then the orchestra stopped playing, he strapped on an electric and started playing 'dirty ass rock n roll' and other tracks from that time. Never thought I get to see a live electric version of Fear, Guts, Pablo Picasso etc. wow!

Not quite as big on Guess Who. Spent lots of time listening to loud aussie bands such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8prsiCxj8Jo

Or even better! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEEnwkJjrFI

Last edited:
Loves me some Toni and Dean. Thrasher even got most of my favorite tracks. He missed one, though:
"All of One"

Alright, let's dig deep into the vault. Here's an obscure little band for ya. Great stuff.
"Slighted" and "Alive + Dying" by CORK

Had some fun listening to an Progressive Rock sampler that came with the German magazine called "eclipsed".
Good stuff. :)

1 song from :

- The Flower Kings
- Fates Warning
- Haken
- The Tangent
- Spock's Beard
- Riverside
- Ayreon
- Enchant
- Pain Of Salvation
- IQ

I liked that song by the flower kings most; it's called "Desolation Road" from the album "Desolation Rose". It felt very much like 1974 Genesis to me.

They were songs from 2000 to now.

The magazine sounded very enthusiastic. It seems as if there is great music to be found nowadays. :)

Maybe I should've begun buying Prtogressive Rock albums much earlier; but to me, everything seemed kind of "dead", because ... well, no-one listens to Prog anymore. ;)

It seems now to me that I've been wrong for so many years ...

Tears for Fears - Mad World.

Just a great song all around. Most people know the Gary Jules version from the movie Donnie Darko, but the original is superior imo.

Fear Factory (with Gary Numan) - Cars

Great modernization of Numan's classic New Wave song. I might be seeing these guys along with Megadeth in December.

Tears for Fears - Mad World.

Just a great song all around. Most people know the Gary Jules version from the movie Donnie Darko, but the original is superior imo.

Agree on that one ... like movies, there are few remakes of songs that surpass the original ...

Disturbed - Land of Confusion.

A fantastic cover of a great song. I've always liked the original version by Genesis and especially their music video. I didn't think anyone could cover it and do it justice, but I really like Disturbed's take on it.

This version has been around for a few years, but I only recently saw the video for the first time. If the animation looks familiar it's because it was done by Todd McFarlane.

Back
Top Bottom