The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Onyx Panthers ? You don't mean the so-called "cometic pets", do you ?

Ranger summons ?

Regarding the Turbine Point Cards :

It is really simple : They look like normal credit cards, only a bit bigger, and have the DDO logo printed on them, plus an EULA on the back.

You fetch them from a peg in the Gamestop store, take them to the cash register, and you pay for them.

On the back, there is a code hidden under a layer of … some rubbery stuff, you must scratch it free, and then go into the game, into the DDO store, and exactly there where you buy your points.

But there, instead of buying the points, you give in the code standing on your card. And voilá ! - your points are registered ! This works in a similar way like the Coupon Codes.

Just as if you had bought them in the store, only via a different way.

These cards come with 1800 Points each, there are no other versions of them available these days, and they cost 20 Euros per card.

They look like this card : http://www.ddo.com/de/ddogameinfo/4...-point-cards-available-exlusively-at-gamestop

English-language explanation : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddogameinfo/4...-point-cards-available-exlusively-at-gamestop

There are no Bonus Points for German cards, however. There never were.

The Collector's Edition Pre-order of the expansion comes with a free, permanent Gold Seal hireling Onyx Panther. Unlike other hirelings, you can have multiple ones in a party. It's by far the best hireling you can have.

Ah, okay. I had thought it was just a "cosmetic pet".

And now I understand why someone in the forums wrote that hiss Onyx Panther had broken a streak for him. I had problems to understand it, because I didn't think that "cosmetic pets" could have levels.

I had bought myself such a "pet" from the Turbine Points I had won because I had been on Lamannia. And I don't think you've seen it yet. ;)

Edit : Eberron Chronicle question :

What monster do you think would taste best BBQed?

Answers include :

- Wraith
- Eliticists
- "BBQ Mudman"
- Jacoby Drexelhand
- bacon
- broccoli
- flesh golem ("Probably a flesh golem out of necro, they are made out of pure meat, really, it could be ham, beef, chicken, fish or all of them… one would of course need to cleanse some of the unholy magic that gives them life first.")

Last edited:
Aracaram Signsearcher, Number Three of the Signsearchers ;) , has reached level 3 and has left Korthos.

He is an Artificer in Training ... There is that try-out phase until May, 31st, you know.

I begin to like him. He has a very fast DPS, which surprises (and impresses) me, although his damage seems to be not very high in these early levels.

One Noob irritated me by asking in the chat "what is the first runearm one can get in Korthos" and *insisting* that the runearm from the Heyton quest was in fact *not* a runearm ...

Another note of interest : I had sent Sophienna an in-game mail pointing to here. Since I sent her the mail from Daracaram, I didn't read any answer this evening (was constantly playing the Arti).

You get MUCH better deals when you buy the online point bundles from the DDO store rather than those cards.

Did the Chronoscope in a Raid yesterday. With my Wizard. Who died several times. But was always carried to the nearest shrine. And so did I - with a few soul stones - too.

The Gem Of Many Facets is imho by far the best item for Newbies - because you can have almost all Korthos sets with it !

The Hellfire Crossbow remained yellow (with an exclamation mark) *despite* my Wizard using the spell "Master's Touch" !

I wonder whether this is a bug or WAI (working As Intended) ?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Gem_of_Many_Facets
http://ddowiki.com/page/Hellfire_Crossbow

The Hellfire Crossbow is an Exotic weapon, not Martial. Master's Touch only affects martial weapons.

Gem of Many Facets replaces the necklace of any Korthos item. So you can have up to three sets; one with a goggle, one with a boot, and one with a glove in the set.

You know, looking at epic gear like that (I linked to the epic upgrade of the Hellfire off of Alrik's link), I'm reminded that for all our time invested, our group simply doesn't have the 1337 gear to call ourselves hardcore players. There's so much out there that we haven't so much as touched that would make a significant difference to our toons' abilities. We talk about running out of content sometimes, but there's another whole level of the game we've barely scratched.

Not sure that I want to be sufficiently dedicated to DDO to farm out epic gear, but it's a nice slap to my slowly growing ego. Kinda like the first few times in the Shroud--I wasn't quite so impressed with my toons after seeing all those other toons running around with 700 and 800hp. (Although I admit to being quite smug seeing a lvl20 pale master in the Shroud with a whopping 162hp, with Phuury sitting around 260 at lvl14)

It's you decision in the end. Me, I'm fine without bing an "hardcore player". I just play for fun … ;)

And yes, I have already used the Gem Of Many Facets with several items - the Archivar's Set, however, doesn't quite work when there is something that exeeds the bonus of 20 spell points or what it was. I only vaguely remember that I had its bonus icon long ago, and it vanished as soon as another item provided my Wizard with more than 20 spell points.

I have, however, the icons of "Anger's Wrath" and the "Problem Solver" visible.

And thanks for the "exotic weapons" explanation. I guess it would be perfect for my Artificer.

Which I'll try to level up a bit more today and tomorrow.

And I must not forget to get my Guild Renown Elixir …

But I'm totally exhausted today … This was a long and workful day …

I think we can actually do epic quests if we want to with our level 20 toons. Once the expansion is out we get an even better reason to play epic quests.

What I like the least about epic gear is that I need 4 different parts of the item and the drop rate of each part is low. So you have to farm for months before you get your epic item. Since we're not playing so much at the same time it means it's hard to farm it.

One reason we can farm Shroud is that it's so easy to join a shroud group. Regardless of the outcome of the raid you get ingredients and shards you can use. In the epic farming you might end up with just junk many runs. If we have a guild run we can cooperate so we trade items we pull to the one needing it the most. We know what we can get from a quest so we can make runs to ensure we have a chance for several good ones.

We could also run Shavarath and Cannith quests for items as well. There are many good items we can get from these areas.

I think the main reason we haven't done them is that they're too high level to do with 1-2 guildies and hirelings, even on normal. So we need a full group or at least almost a full group. That means we might rely upon pugging. You might have to wait awhile for such quests to show up in looking for member (LFM).

I certainly will join if any of you want to make epic runs.

I don't really want to get wound up about epics. I'm content with the approach to DDO that we're taking.

It's more the psychological realization that we're the DDO equivalent of 8th graders. Yeah, we rule the school and can "pat the little kids on the head" because we're just teh awsum. And suddenly, we realize there's a high school across the street and we're just not quite "all that and a bag of chips" like we thought.

Our competitive drive is really what drives the success of MMOs it seems. And it's somethign I am very susceptible to. My warning klaxons just went nuts. ;)

Here HS begins with year 8, and they are planning to change that to year 7 in a year or two!! :)

Well at some point I would like to try everything once as a group. Like Dte always says........."What's the worst that can happen? We all die and go do something else!" ;)

Well, I don't mind and would like to do these runs with you, too ... But that means I would have to sleep in the afternoon to be able to stay awaken during the whole night long ... ;)

Today is the last day for trying out the Artificer. After that I'll either return to my Wizard or to my Ranger again.

And I'll buy that class one day regardless. It's just too much fun playing this hero. ;)

Aracaram Signsearcher, my Artificer, is now level 4. :)
Since this was - as far as I understood it - the last day of his "try-out", he'll "retire" for some weeks now.

Edit : As I have predicted : The next Adventure Packs sale is on !
This time it's 35 % on everything (packs, of course) ! From June 1 - June 7 ...

Back
Top Bottom