Winter has come

You're from Scotland? I have a daughter who lives in Edinburgh.

And yeah, it's probably below 273 during winter in the Barents region.

pibbur who has learned never to use "England" as a synonym for "Great Britain" (or the "UK"). And above all, never call a scotsman "english".

I wore shorts and sandals (no shirt) when I walked my dog around the block earlier today.

It's rough living in Florida this time of year. ;)

I wear shorts at least 9 months of the year!! :)

(32 for you unfortunate Fahrenheit users)
Actually, that's the only non-metric system I like.

100F = 37.8C = too damn hot
0F = -17.8C = too damn cold (and also about when the salt is going to stop working on the roads)

Also, if my temperature gets up to 99F then I'm sick and get <ahem> have to stay home and play video games. You folks need to get up to 100.4F to have a fever!

P.S. I think our high today was about -4C. Cold but nothing a good coat can't handle.

100 hot??? I lived in Woomera where it was 45+ several times each summer and regularly over 40. Young people of today ... (exists stage left muttering into beard)

As Hurls said, in August you get the coldest weather down in Melb where he lives; in Brisbane (where I am) the daily range is around 8-20 though it has been know to vary either way by a couple of degrees. Further north up by the Reef you'd rarely get it much below 20 and it might go as high as 28. July and August are the main tourist times for the far north as the weather is beautiful. I usually suggest to visitors that they avoid our peak summer Dec-Feb unless they REALLY love it HOT and HUMID!! :)

Thank you, that's what we are planning to do, how is Sydney at that time? Probably pretty cold I guess? being from Sweden it doesn't matter that much I guess, but we'd also have to do some swimming and diving and such if we are going to Australia.. otherwise it appears kind of pointless, and I guess that would be possible going up north..

We are also planning to visit some small islands like the cook islands, anyone been there?

Hmm, I guess I will create another thread for this… Done let's discuss here:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061290401#post1061290401

What would someone from Vancouver know about Canadian winters, or who used to live in Toronto for that matter? :p In the prairies or in the east now that would be different. Here in the North St Lawrence shore it is the place in the civilized world where there are the most abundant snowfalls along with Siberia.

When I went to Toronto in the winter it was markedly warmer, and when I told people that the temperature got so low in Quebec in the winter at times they were spooked, to them -12C was already a big cold.

I actually grew up in Montreal, and lived for a couple of years in Ste-Agathe in the Laurentians, so I have experienced my fair share of cold and snow.

It's minus 17 C now :(

Here I am wishing we had a proper winter in Sweden, and you are complaining it is too cold :p

It is plus 7 here in south of Sweden..... we are really noticing the global warming... there is still meadows with flowers in December... that didn't even happen when I was young.

Here I am wishing we had a proper winter in Sweden, and you are complaining it is too cold :p

It is plus 7 here in south of Sweden….. we are really noticing the global warming… there is still meadows with flowers in December… that didn't even happen when I was young.

I'll trade you Sweden for Alberta

An interesting trade, but who gets ABBA and Volvo?? :)

Back
Top Bottom