Internet Explorer browser is collapsing!

Asdraguuhl

Keeper of the Watch
I have noticed that some threads seem to "collapse" in a matter of seconds leaving nothing but a blank page and I suspect that some poster has unintentionally added something that causes this collapse.

Two examples are the following posts:
Link to post #1
Link to post #2

This happens to me with two different computers so it is not an isolated case caused by a single PC configuration and I have just discovered that it happens with Internet Explorer but not with Mozilla Firefox.

It seems that these two posts to which I have provided the links, have in common that they contain a gif-animation and I suspect that they are causing this problem.

Should other people experience this browser collapsing as well, then they can try to use Firefox as an alternative. Although it would naturally be best if the original posters would remove the gif-animation and check whether that is indeed the source of this problem.

That's a known issue. Certain animated gifs crash the IE. Other browsers (Opera, FF, Chrome) don't have this problem.

I wasn't aware of this. In any case, removal of the gif-animation would then be the most sensible solution.

Myrthos indeed removes a gif every now and then when somebody posts that his IE crashes.

Removed those .gifs. Now the threads should be fine for IE users.

I checked the links with my IE browser and I can see the gif-animations without the page going blank. So I guess it must be the gif-file in combination with the forum page.

These gif-animations are looping and you can see that a portion of the forum page is deleted everytime the animation "restarts". This process continues until everything is gone and the funny thing is that the gif "devours" itself when nothing else is left :).

I checked the links with my IE browser and I can see the gif-animations without the page going blank. So I guess it must be the gif-file in combination with the forum page.

These gif-animations are looping and you can see that a portion of the forum page is deleted everytime the animation "restarts". This process continues until everything is gone and the funny thing is that the gif "devours" itself when nothin else is left :).
Actually, I think it's going the other direction, an explosion rather than an implosion.

Good one; I've been saying for years that IE is a virus!! :)

Back
Top Bottom