50 RPGs That Defined A Decade @ Gear Diary

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't think that's the idea, since bad games can't really define a decade.. unless they're really bad.

He states in the article that he is putting in the really bad games because they are demotivators and a warning to others. Though I can say I'm not really interested in the worst generally but can be useful for comparison.

Frankly, a bit disappointed with just a 2 game introduction to a article promising a 50 RPG game list but I guess its just time to be patient and wait until its finished and then read.

50? I don't think I can name 50 RPGs that had an impact at all. In fact, I don't think we've ever seen 50 RPGs in a single decade (at least not with half decent production values) - that's 5 per year. We generally get no more than 2-3 per year.

Diablo clones and MMORPGs defined the last decade. You guys don't get it because you lack teh l33T RpGez skillz lik reel gamerz.

I just feel sorry for early 90's interactive movie CD 'games'. They were simply ahead of their time. Loathed then; lionised now in their modern counterparts.

I guess the idea is to present a range of the quality spectrum, because the first two choices are Mass Effect 2 and Greed.
Greed is good? Never tried it myself.

GREAT!
another kindergarten "Masseffect ze best ARR PEE GEE GAME EVRRR!!" Game list…

"no thanks!" i say

GREAT!
another kindergarten "Masseffect ze best ARR PEE GEE GAME EVRRR!!" Game list…

"no thanks!" i say

Since its Michael "txa1265" Anderson writing this, I very much doubt that. I'm angry at him though - he should write more for THIS site again ;)

That looks interesting.
At least lists are always fun.

Though I question the argument that a game that "No one is playing, nobody is interested, and no one will remember it" can have any noteworthy impact. If everybody were to remember it because of how bad it is then yes... but a game that apparently nobody cares about?
Still... lists of games to avoid are even more fun, (because I'm evil like that)

50 ? Hm, I can only see 2 … :S

Back
Top Bottom