Dark Souls III - Gameplay Trailer Gamescom 2015

Looks pretty good actually. I know I constantly harp on the DS2 graphics downgrade...but if they deliver the gameplay graphics from this trailer...that will be fine. But remember: never trust Bandai Namco.

Looks good, currently playing bloodborne so I'm very happy to see shields, I miss them.

I hope they don't lean to heavily on bloodborne for inspiration, I very much prefer the souls experience. Bloodborne isn't bad though.

Looks good, currently playing bloodborne so I'm very happy to see shields, I miss them.

I hope they don't lean to heavily on bloodborne for inspiration, I very much prefer the souls experience. Bloodborne isn't bad though.
To each their own. I loved that Bloodborne actually requires you to learn to dodge and move to avoid attacks. Dark Souls has so much boring shield blocking...it kind of makes no sense how a huge enemy can smash you but you take zero damage because shield (when using a proper 100% block shield). Anyway, not everyone wants very fast-paced constant action...but I do! ;)

To each their own. I loved that Bloodborne actually requires you to learn to dodge and move to avoid attacks. Dark Souls has so much boring shield blocking…it kind of makes no sense how a huge enemy can smash you but you take zero damage because shield (when using a proper 100% block shield). Anyway, not everyone wants very fast-paced constant action…but I do! ;)

I actually didn't block much in DS. I was a thief and used the buckler for parry and ripostes. I would use a shield for added elemental protection or dual wield against bosses since you couldn't parry them. I do think poise was a good system though to discourage constant blocking.

In bloodborne I parry and riposte with the gun but I prefer the shields. Also it seems counterintuitive to make combat more fast paced and then put tables, tombstones, cages and other debris which impede you and slow combat down. A lot of fights are in small areas as well which leads to a lot of luring enemies to more open areas which gets tiresome over the course of many hours of gameplay.

I also feel DS has a lot more options with magic, rings and way more weapons and armor.

Having said that bloodborne is different, not bad. I'm still quite enjoying it but I'd rather see a bloodborne 2 than see them incorporate bloodborne mechanics in to DS series. Keep the 2 styles separate and build upon their individual strengths rather than making them more and more similar with every iteration.

Having said that bloodborne is different, not bad. I'm still quite enjoying it but I'd rather see a bloodborne 2 than see them incorporate bloodborne mechanics in to DS series. Keep the 2 styles separate and build upon their individual strengths rather than making them more and more similar with every iteration.

Sounds fine. That's what they're doing anyway. The only feature I'm going to really miss is Bloodborne's health regen system. I love how I can quickly attack to restore recently lost life. It is such a great risk/reward mechanic.

Sounds fine. That's what they're doing anyway. The only feature I'm going to really miss is Bloodborne's health regen system. I love how I can quickly attack to restore recently lost life. It is such a great risk/reward mechanic.

I agree, it's a nice reprieve for when I make a mistake against a lesser enemy.

There's a good article over at IGN on DS3.( I know IGN and good article don't usually go together but this one has some good info.) I would link it but for some reason every time I try my browser on my iPad closes.

Anyway it's got me more excited about DS3, especially the backstab and connected world parts.

Yeah, I could say I'm not as excited about 3 as I have been for the previous entries into the series.

For a series that was so innovative yet oldschool at the same time it's starting to feel like they're not pushing things enough.

Faster combat, weapon stances, cool…

How about a map editor? Random dungeons? Raids?

I really want to see the multiplayer side focused on a lot more. Less "singleplayer with co-op help if its too hard" and more proper, challenging co-op. The whole idea of helping noobs isn't as important for a game so full of hardcore pros as real co-op challenges are.

How about sieges between covenants and some community hub castles players can improve and destroy?

Unique limited "1 per server" items you can't unequip and drop when you die.

I want more endgame! The whole sequel could be endgame if they let you import your old characters and didn't start at low levels again each game.

What is there for a dedicated Sunbro to do at endgame?

As it stands, it looks like the old level up, play the DLC then 1v1 arena forever is all we'll be doing again. Even 2v2 arena would be great. If it's just level up for arena again then why do I need DarkSouls3 when I didn't want to use every weapon in 2 before I was over it?

Back
Top Bottom