Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition for iPad Announced and More

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Overhaul Games has announced an iPad version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. From BaldursGate.com:
Overhaul Games is pleased to announce Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for iPad.
Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.
The greatest story ever told, better than you imagined

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ will include the entire Baldur’s Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure and new party member.
Your ultimate destiny, now in your grasp

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ will be available on the Apple App Store in summer 2012. For all information visit www.baldursgate.com.
Just to be clear, this is in addition to the PC version. To finish up, here are some tweets from Trent Oster over the last few days:
Of course #bgee will be on PC. We're adding #iPad as a platform, we're 100% supporting the PC.
For #bgee we have all the creatures from bg2 and ToB. Some will be making appearances.
We've got five former Bio people working with us now. We'll likely be adding another two soon. Five worked on BG/BG2
We're interesting in the concept of including some of the great mods out there into BG "canon".
We have some ideas on mod management and how to improve the experience.
More information.

I think it was quite clever of them to only announce the iPad version a week after the PC announcement, seeing how mostly everybody who commented on the Internet was saying something along the lines of "please, let it not be a mobile port".

I think it was quite clever of them to only announce the iPad version a week after the PC announcement, seeing how mostly everybody who commented on the Internet was saying something along the lines of "please, let it not be a mobile port".

I very much agree, but am very happy to hear about the ipad version as I can't wait to take this game with me on the move, as well as on my home pc. Great news and I love the fact that it'll be here this summer!

I wonder if the mobile version will have support for mods as well. There are some BG2 mods that I simply can no longer play without. If I can use then on my iPad, and if I can save my games to the cloud so I can play across platforms, then I'll be getting both versions.

Monsters and characters seems a bit detailed than the original, or my eyes are deceiving me.

Um… what? Why?

I'd really rather they just left BG1 alone content-wise.

Probably just part of the 'new adventure' they are adding in.

Yay, more blatant opportunism - what a surprise :)

I can't see the slightest difference.

Or maybe....you know...a smart move, the ipad can handle baldurs gate 2, so why not use it? Just because you don't have one doesn't mean it is useless.

Or maybe….you know…a smart move, the ipad can handle baldurs gate 2, so why not use it? Just because you don't have one doesn't mean it is useless.

"Why not use it?" is the first rule of the opportunist, you know :)

Also, I don't recall saying the iPad is useless.

Oh, I'm just going off your rants in other threads for it. I love being able to play it on the pad, sitting back on my couch...it's perfect.

Oh, I'm just going off your rants in other threads for it. I love being able to play it on the pad, sitting back on my couch…it's perfect.

I'm used to you not making much sense, and I've come to enjoy your one-track responses to everything - so that's ok :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your iPad.

take a look at the 1st pic(BG website) of someone playing BG on the ipad. I might be wrong, but that looks slightly more detailed than what I remember BG to be. This could be the enhanced game...

take a look at the 1st pic(BG website) of someone playing BG on the ipad. I might be wrong, but that looks slightly more detailed than what I remember BG to be. This could be the enhanced game…

I'm pretty sure it's not. I mean, if you have to look closely to see the differences, it kind of defeats the point of having an enhanced edition, doesn't it?

Um… what? Why?

I'd really rather they just left BG1 alone content-wise.

Some of the creatures in BG1 had new models in BG2, maybe that's what they mean.

Although, personally, I don't mind more diversity.

This 'bgee' tag is causing old, traumatic memories to surface.

If they are making this work well on the iPad then I wonder if this game will be able to use the Windows 8 "Metro" interface?

This is Apple's post-PC world, we're just living in it.

Really looking around my house not a single apple product. I also doubt I will ever purchase any in the future. People are free to waste there money on the same updated product over and over again if they want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom