Witcher How many hours of gameplay?

The Witcher

Majnun

Sentinel
Not counting replays (which, yes, I know there will be) how many hours of play can one expect if you do every quest & side-quest and explore every area completely?

I know they have an official site that may mention this...but it's a damn flash site and I HATE flash sites. I'm on dial-up and am stubborn enough to download 1.5-2 GIG demos...but I refuse to wait for a friggin flash site to load.

Anyway, as I said, how long is the game?

edit: nevermind...I read the IGN review and they say 40-50 hours. I wonder if that includes the long load times? :)

Last edited:
I must've played close on 30 hours already, and I'm only in the beginning of Act 3. I don't know how many acts there are, but there are at least 5, so I'd expect closer to 100 than 50 hours total. Somebody said "80" and that sounds about right so far.

But then I am playing at a very leisurely pace.

I think I read somewhere that the dev said that if you do everything there are 100+ hours of content. And judging by the experiences posted by Andy at VE3D it looks about right.

I usually rush through games relatively fast. However, that is not possible with The Witcher. It's not like Oblivion where you can mindlessly autotravel around and complete quests. Things take time, you need to pay attention and do things thoroughly.

I don't know how long the later chapters are, but if they are anywhere near as long as the first two, The Witcher could easily take 80-100 hours to finish, even if you play fast. Depending on the final chapters of the game, The Witcher might just be the longest game I've played in years.

Also, those 50 hours mentioned somewhere is probably excluding loading times and other delays. In pure gaming time, without any reloads or zone loading, you might have roughly 50 hours ahead of you. Most likely a lot more if you talk about "real time" though.

the loading times take longer than the time I play :D I have about 25 hours and I just started chapter 3

Back
Top Bottom