Things you don't need to know...

I'm excessively well-trained in noticing breast-like structures. You could consider me a Paragon of tit observation.

I guess you've just become the Watch's TITular Musketeer!! :) BTW, have you been watching the BBC series?

I just read the Wikipedia article on "Sixteen tons". It sounds horrible.
Apparingly there was a "wage slavery" going on with mines and their workers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery and "debt-bondage" and something called a "truck system".

Astonishingly the English-language Wikipedia article tells almost nothing about the background. The German-language article does this much better.

Even the English-language article doesn't even mention mine wages slavery at all.

According to the German-language article, miners were paid mainly with credit vouchers which were only useable in the mine company's stores, which had prices which were extraordinarily high; so high, in fact that getting into debts was inevitable. This the "owing my soul to the store". These mine company store were an steady income of money for the company, which thus gained profits through

- the mined goods
- paying low wages
- getting most of the wages back through the company's stores.

The German-language article alsop mentions (unlike the English-language article) that politicians often co-operated with the mining companies because they profited from them as well,
and that not only politicians, police and even the army helped them in quelling unrest, but also that lawyers and the judiciary members were helping in destroying strikes and unrest.

To me, this is the worst form of capitalism. I hiope that something like wage slavery, debt bonding and the like never occurs again.
But - in some countries it seems still to exist, like in India, for example …

The Norwegian capital as you've never seen it before (ok, some of you have never seen it before):

It looks like a timelapse video of a miniature model of the city, but it is the real thing. Funny.

pibbbur who at the time of writing, at 191 cm., is no miniature.

I just read that in Germany, Valve can prohibit the selling of Steam accounts - and the reasoning behind this court decision has simething to do with the fact that an Steam account involves much more than just games, and that games in Germany should rather be treated as movies. Link : http://www.golem.de/news/urteilsbeg...-von-accounts-verbieten-darf-1403-105327.html

So … Steam is rather some kind of online club ?

The Norwegian capital as you've never seen it before (ok, some of you have never seen it before):

It looks like a timelapse video of a miniature model of the city, but it is the real thing. Funny.

pibbbur who at the time of writing, at 191 cm., is no miniature.

Interesting : The filter diostorts the upper püart of the view, which forces us to narrow our vierw on a very limited "window" ... The distorted part would be able to show things which are lying farther in the distance, thus giving us a sense of how far away an object is ... But this "filter distortion" hinders us to get this piece of information.

It comes at no surprise, of course, for us who know them, of course, but now it's official (of course): The swedes are smurfs!!

The website is from the Norwegian Broadcasting Company (NRK), so the text is in Norwegian. But what's spoken in the video is gibber … eh … Swedish.

pibbur who will also take a closer look at and reveal dubious features of other countries, like Denmark, Australia, and …. did I mention Denmark?

Nice try, Alrik, and I'm sure the swedes will love you for it. :)

But there really can be no doubt, "søta bror" (sweet brothers, norwegian nickname for swedes) are smurfs!

pibbur who have seen a lot of swedes lately

G'day pibbur,
saw this today and thought of you!

Hurls

moreoftheluckycountry.jpg

Where it says 'convicts', I believe is where out gov't resides!! Perfect really!! :D

Danni Minogue. As if you haven't suffered enough.

pibbur who for once feels deep sympathy for the people on the wrong side of the earth.

I just read the Wikipedia article on "Sixteen tons". It sounds horrible.

...According to the German-language article, miners were paid mainly with credit vouchers which were only useable in the mine company's stores, which had prices which were extraordinarily high; so high, in fact that getting into debts was inevitable. This the "owing my soul to the store"...

Such thing is illegal in most today's countries. There is an official currency in every country and exchange offices for currencies other countries use. Officially.

Again I'm bringing up the virtual, uncontrolled and not backed with any government currencies. IMO such stuff should be globally declared as illegal business. I don't want to convert my real money into Bioware Points, Simpoints, Riot Points or the last case of money laundry scam called Season Pass.

Talking about maps, here's the ultimate map of the nordic countries:

picture.php

pibbuur who ponders who to attack next

Back
Top Bottom