Skyrim - Never looked better! @ Tech Insider

It is not polarizing at all - 98% normal people just like like the Elder Scrolls games, 1% haters attack at every article and 1% fanboys don't like that and cry back…

Happens with every Skyrim post - it's an RPGWatch custom - a ritual :)

Well, I am sure it cannot be 98%.... that would make the world a sad place. Maybe more like 49-49% and 1% hater 1% lover ?

luj1 has joined joxlicker and gothic goofiness as the "bash Skyrim in every thread" douches. How nice. We needed a 3rd. I'll only call them names in Bethesda/Skyrim threads though :)
Me, lol, thanks.
But actually feels like "it's been years" since I mentioned the neverfixed bug-o-rama although posts about it will never stop to appear from others as you can see even today:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061357886#post1061357886

The reason is simple. In the meantime Ubisoft decided it's great for company reputation to spend millions on hype and release an utterly broken game and never properly patch it (AC:Unity) and after that Warner felt called out to outbug them all on PC (Batman:AK).

Sure, anyone can feel free to keep eyes closed on such stuff.
But I'll still be pointing onto the naked emperor.
Because Bethesda could fix the damned game. If Dishonored was a bugfree masterpiece, Skyrim could have been too. They just refused to spend the cash earned onto polishing the broken mess and poured it all into some stupid MMO. I just hope FO4 won't be remembered as "backwards flying vertibird" sequel.

I bet these Skyrim fanboys and Beth drones don't even know Skyrim was written in x87 FPU code from the mid 1990s (that came with Pentium I) . HAhaha so funny. Skyrim's code is ridden with a whole ton of useless getter functions along the critical paths because the developers at Bethesda, for some reason, compiled the game without using any of the optimization flags for release build. All modern compilers generally optimize for SSE (1999) which was introduced with the Pentium III, and you'd need mods for that (!) because modders who don't even have access to the source code can do a better job than Bethesda .

That is the company you all know and love! :D hahah. Modding skyrim is like perfuming a lump of fecal matter but oh well .. :D

Thaurin stop editing pinnacles and stuff out! :p

I bet these Skyrim fanboys and Beth drones don't even know Skyrim was written in x87 FPU code from the mid 1990s (that came with Pentium I) . HAhaha so funny. Skyrim's code is ridden with a whole ton of useless getter functions along the critical paths because the developers at Bethesda, for some reason, compiled the game without using any of the optimization flags for release build. All modern compilers generally optimize for SSE (1999) which was introduced with the Pentium III, and you'd need mods for that (!) because modders who don't even have access to the source code can do a better job than Bethesda .

That is the company you all know and love! :D hahah. Modding skyrim is like perfuming a lump of fecal matter but oh well .. :D

Well...Joxer has his work cut out to become as crazy as you sound....congratz I guess.

I dislike a number of games that RPGwatch covers. Typically I will voice my opinion on the game in one of its threads and then never read another thread on the game. What's the point if I don't like the game?

I suppose though that every site has a few people that just can't stand others enjoying things that they don't so they have to comment in every thread.

As for the game, I can't comment on the vanilla game as I started modding right away. I spent 400 hours doing side stuff and mods and I barely touched the main campaign so I can't comment on that either.

What I can say is that skyrim is by far the best modded experience I've had in gaming and it's not even close.

What I can say is that skyrim is by far the best modded experience I've had in gaming and it's not even close.

Eh...I'd say that Nwn is still number one, majority of it's modules would make damn good stand alone games. Kind of makes you wonder, what we would have today, if EA hadn't interfered. This looks great, but feels very much out of place...I'd rather take atmosphere over eye candy ( Dishonored).
I'm a rugged man and I like Skyrim to look rugged as well.
Always wanted to say that. :p

Skyrim mods are superficial mostly, however, I agree that NWN mods include great new adventures and some fantastic gameplay and class additions in the PRCs.

Eh…I'd say that Nwn is still number one, majority of it's modules would make damn good stand alone games. Kind of makes you wonder, what we would have today, if EA hadn't interfered. This looks great, but feels very much out of place…I'd rather take atmosphere over eye candy ( Dishonored).
I'm a rugged man and I like Skyrim to look rugged as well.
Always wanted to say that. :p

Technically your right. I consider nwn mods as games based on the engine though, I was more talking about mods that add to the existing game.

Skyrim mods are superficial mostly, however, I agree that NWN mods include great new adventures and some fantastic gameplay and class additions in the PRCs.

While there are a lot of superficial mods there's also a ton of very good content mods.

You'd be wrong considering NWN mods only as games. For example, both the PRCs and Henchmen AI are additions to the base game, and are much better than any mods I've played with Skyrim.

There are some excellent Skyrim mods Thrasher (like Emma's Sylgja for example) but you do need to trawl through the shitload of fluff to find them :)

Huh? Are you referring to the Vilja companion? Didn't impress me.

For example….

"Vilja can sit on your character's lap." oh wait…

There is a good mod in needs...ie hunder, cold, heat(with hunting, camping and skinning added)....a bunch of good mods for crafting....Skill learning restructuring and more signs....AI mods...etc.

Those are just off the top of my head....there are a lot more mods then you would think that add to the gameplay.

Ugh. "Needs" mods. Just adds tedium to me. Crafting mods, similarly. But those others, again seem minor and not worth the effort.

I thought it was worth the effort but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom