2009/2010 NHL Playoffs

I don't know that they got beat by lesser teams the past couple years. This year, they got beat by a lesser team. Looks like Brodeur might finally be going round the bend.

It will be interesting to see which Wings team shows up.

Woo hoo, big win for the Red Wings tonight, they finish the Coyotes on Sunday!

I'm a bit surprised that Washington couldn't seal the deal against Montreal yet...

Talk about swedes owning the party this year... more than ever!

Shame they were not co-ordinated and ready for olympics, if they had been in top shape and didn't underestimate those Slovakians....... we would have given Canada a run for the gold for sure.

Yes, and I'm out all day so I'll miss it. :(

...and you've missed another great performance from our Slovakian brick Wall and a good defensive team effort.

Still, I still don't feel like they should be in round two - like most of the planet obviously
(they were out-shot once again).

Wow... that's the top 3 seeds knocked out in the Eastern Conference. Could Pittsburgh possibly get any luckier?

Sorry I missed what must have been a great game. I grew up hating Montreal, except for when the Leafs weren't playing. Original six all the way!! :)

Time for round 2 selections:

Pens in 6, Bruins in 5, Sharks in 7, Canucks in 7 (I have to pick 1 Canadian team) :) However, I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal surprises yet again!!

Quick turnaround this year. Sharkies have an Eagles concert in their barn Friday and Saturday, but I doubt Bettman minds that Detroit gets screwed with a Thursday start on the road.

Lucky never did get us a final ruling on whether we were picking just teams, or teams and games, or teams and games and whatever. I guess I'll go teams and games just in case.

WINGS drown the Sharkies in 6
Nucks scalp the Hawks in 7
Pens accept their gift from the hockey gods (Bettman's dehydrated and his office carpet is squishy) and finish the Habs in 5
Flyers continue their unlikely run and slip past the B's in 7

Penguins in 6
Bruins in 7
Wings in 6
Hawks in 7

Whats this? Nobody whining that Bettman fixed the other series so the Pens had an easier time to get to the finals? And I hope all the Crosby haters took note of the series he had against the Sens. Would any Sid haters not want him on their team?

You've got it completely wrong as usual. Bettman showed his colours by making sure an obvious goal wasn't by saying it was kicked in when there was no kicking motion - as ruled by a former LA Coach and diehard Kings fan. The conspiracy has been against the Canucks all season - just listen to Ron MacLean. Remember, the NHL has officially stolen Minneapolis' name, Hockeytown so their puking love for Detroit continues. In addition, they were losing money with Phoneix every game they played so they had to make sure they lost. Probably spiked Bryzgallov's glove.

I don't know from games. I'll get you a tally this weekend maybe. Its crunch time at the university.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6VoTbXRYdQ

Penguins, Flyers, Sharks (ugh), then Canucks ftw.

If someone else wants to do the scores then its 5, 7, 6, and 6 respectively.

Whats this? Nobody whining that Bettman fixed the other series so the Pens had an easier time to get to the finals? And I hope all the Crosby haters took note of the series he had against the Sens. Would any Sid haters not want him on their team?
I'd take Zetterberg or Datsyuk before Cindy any day of the week. What sliver of talent I might give up, I'd get back 20 times over in true leadership.

Attachments

• ole0.jpg
    ole0.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 26
I'd take Zetterberg or Datsyuk before Cindy any day of the week. What sliver of talent I might give up, I'd get back 20 times over in true leadership.

Yeah. Young players are supposed to be "true" leaders immediately. Does Crosby make mistakes? Of course he does. Does he need to mature? Absolutely. And he will. An incredible weight was placed on his shoulders at an incredibly young age. I think all things considered, he has done a tremendous job. And his leadership will grow in leaps and bounds as he matures.

But if you think he has only a "sliver of talent", you obviously just have a deep hatred for him, so nothing will matter anyway.

But if you think he has only a "sliver of talent", you obviously just have a deep hatred for him, so nothing will matter anyway.

Red Wings fans are quite familiar with hatred. As the NHL's most successful team over the last 15 years, people love to come up with any little theory in an attempt to bring them down. As far as Crosby goes, I don't hate him, but I don't like him either.

After the Olympics, I will say nothing bad about Crosby!! :)

You misread that sentence. I'm actually saying Cindy might be a sliver more talented than Z and Dats (although Z makes Cindy his bitch pretty much every time they play), but I'd sacrifice that teeny bit of extra talent for the bonus leadership (and Z and Dats don't even wear the "C" for us, which should tell you something about our organization). Stevie Y was extremely young when he got the "C", too, and he didn't have near the talent around him to help carry the load that Cindy's got. Didn't slow him down any. Of course, Cindy couldn't carry The Captain's stick tape, so perhaps that's an unfair standard to hold him to.

Back
Top Bottom