2008 NHL Playoffs

I think you are mixing them up with the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Corwin, can you get any of games via Sopcast?

As for the Rangers, you may be right. I don't follow the East that much. But saying a Rangers team is good in the Playoffs is like saying the Leafs are any good at all.

Mind you, I think the Circus already came and went early this year so MSG won't be the Zoo. 1940 - 1940 - 1940!

Never heard of Sopcast. We get ESPN (International ) and Fox Sports. That's it for international sports. While we get quite good NFL coverage, the NHL barely rates a mention!!

I believe its on the Free Software thread but here it is again:

http://www.sopcast.org/

you just have to find someone who's broadcasting it. My experience with it has been slow.

Also, the NHL has the Center Ice package over the internet.

Thanks for the link, but what exactly does it do and how would I be able to receive NHL games using it?

Sopcast, sends a stream from someone recieving TV to their computer, so if someone is watching it on their computer, and running sopcast it will be distributed by peer2peer technology to every one running sopcast.

Sopcast, sends a stream from someone recieving TV to their computer, so if someone is watching it on their computer, and running sopcast it will be distributed by peer2peer technology to every one running sopcast.

... and like with torrents, the game will be slow in the beginning but the players will skate a lot faster towards the end ...:D

... and like with torrents, the game will be slow in the beginning but the players will skate a lot faster towards the end ...:D

Sounds just the opposite of what I had to watch the Blues do all season. :lol:

Flames in 7
Wild in 6
Stars in 6
Bruins in 7
Pens in 6
Flyers in 7
Rangers in 7
Red wings in 6

Last edited:
Were you planning on picking the Wings/Preds series, dearie?

1 down, 15 to go. Woot!

Canadiens are going to spank my ol' hometown Bruins so badly they'll only need 3 games to manage the four game sweep ... ;)

I see they threw out the first octopus so it means the playoffs are on. dte, I didn't even know they made an Octopus with 16 arms.

You never know what you're going to pull out of the Detroit River... ;)

Except that it will be dead!! :)

actually, isn't it used hospital supplies. Dead things come out of the east river and I think its the Erie that catches fire.

Out from out west where we still have salmon running through ours: atlantic salmon diseased and escaped from fish farms mind you, but at least its salmon.

Ah, whenever anyone mentions Salmon in the river it brings back memories of a classic Boston Legal episode where Shatner takes Spader salmon fishing!!

Except that it will be dead!! :)
You're slipping, old man. You had a glorious shot at "Dead Things" and you missed it. Tsk, tsk. Lucky hit it and didn't even realize it.

Sorry, but reference to 'Dead Things' went right over my head!!

Back in the early days of Saint Yzerman when the Wings were dreadfully bad, certain uncouth and misguided followers of other teams liked to refer to the team as the "Dead Things". Poor souls...maybe they've seen the light and joined the ranks of the righteous by now.

Dead things I assume is referring to the Devils chances against Rangers?

Two AMAZING games played tonight: Pittsburgh and Senators where Pitts blows a 3 goal lead then gets a heartbreaker with one minute to play.

And Washington blew their 2 goal lead on Philadelphia only to have a comeback led by Mike Green and Ovechkin "creating his own shot" and scoring the winner. The fans were nuts. They acted like they just won the cup!

Back
Top Bottom