Locus inn?

souha13

Sentinel
Since this is about a rpg can't you put the link on the RPG site instead?

Just feels a bit wrong for me to go look for divinity information in smth called locus inn (at least for us who didnt play the 1st divinity) and especially I liked the concept of only RPG and MMORPG as the two genres you could choose from when you got to the site.

Am I making sense this early in the morning? Lets hope so. :)

You mean the link at the top of the page? Those tabs show all the sites which are currently part of the 'Watch network'. There are 4 at the moment, we can't find enough volunteers to run GothicWatch, so that one is not visible.
The top tabs show on all the sites and pages, which is intentionally.

I get a warning message when clicking on the link (locus inn). Its a message from google that the page gives you different malware. Know anything about why?

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.locusinn.com/

What is the current listing status for www.locusinn.com/?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 171 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 08/10/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 08/02/2008.

Malicious software includes 4 scripting exploit(s), 4 bot(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including d3m00n.net.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including pinoc.info.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.locusinn.com/ did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Last edited:
That message is linked to RPGDot. Maybe they had some commercials doing bad things without them knowing. Google can´t be aware we´ve got the site back.

I've enabled "Peridot Watch" as a selectable color style for the forums, so if you like 'em green... ish, go ahead and try it out.

The peridot green(dark) is really nice, Arhu. I need a change so I'm trying it out. :)

Ehmm, not sure if there has been an announcement about it, though I haven't seen it if there was.
But could anyone explain what the Locus Inn is and what it will contain?

First time I see the tab, and I don't even know what Locus Inn means :)

The Locus Inn was a sub-site of RPGDot about Divine Divinity.

And the old Bioware/Black Isle games.

Oh ok.
So, adding it now, has something to do with RPGdot closing or the new Divinity game?

Also, I didn't know Divinity was so popular. Never played the first one. But I see PS:T and BG news in that tab aswell. So if its close to those games I might follow it more closely.

It was always Myrthos site. He only didn´t find the time to transfer it yet.

DivDiv is a modern classic. Its only serious flaw: the game is 20 hours too long. They should have left out the beginning and something else from the later game. So do yourself a favour, buy DivDiv for 5 bucks and rush through the beginning until the game opens up.
It´s not similar to the Bioware games. More Diablo meets Ultima 7.

That message is linked to RPGDot. Maybe they had some commercials doing bad things without them knowing. Google can´t be aware we´ve got the site back.

How long ago was that? I'm quite alarmed by the warning - it says suspicious content was found 8/9 days ago.

The site is only on RPGWatch since yesterday.

Last edited:
The warning you get because of some ads that were run by Jolt on the RPGDot network, of which The Locus Inn was part. As said it is my private site and I was too lazy too move it when we changed to RPGWatch. I should have done it a long time ago to be saved from this trouble.

The site shows news that is also available on RPGWatch. The news from RPGWatch is filtered for the selection of games the site supports, which you can find in the Games tab on The Locus Inn.
I'm still moving the content for most of the games, which will take a while to complete.

I got a major warning about locus inn being an attack site and it was blocked:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.locusinn.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Yes, we know as explained in the post above yours. It will take some time before this will go away.

It works o.k if you use Win/Internet Explorer (as i explained in the rpgdot goodbye thread) but the warning is there when using Firefox. :)

Edit:

Now its working correctly in default Peridot Watch green via Firefox 3 - thanks.

Last edited:
Google has reset the status back to normal. I assume Firefox gets its info from Google if it works in FF3 now (I'm still on FF2).

I'm running FF3 and still get the same warning on rpgdot.

Back
Top Bottom