Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar #94

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The 94th Update of the Avatar from Portalarium has been posted this week, and as usual it contains news, items, and a few more videos. Here are the details.

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:

• Get Your 15% Black Friday Bonus Starting Now!
  • The Release 11 Grand Tour Quest Reward
  • R11 Grand Tour POI: Swamp Scene
  • Chris Spears’ R10 Perspective
  • Edelmann Pledge Reward: Birdbath Decoration
  • 4-Pack of Prosperity
  • Through the Lunar Rift
  • Last Chance Exclusives
  • Flexible Placement Stretch Goal: Greenhouse and Garden Shed
  • Alienware Sponsors $20 Pledge Upgrade Coupon
  • Upcoming Events
More information.

Come on man don't you want the bird bath decor?!!

fiedler-house-christmas-lights-1.jpg
Come on man don't you want the bird bath decor?!!

Na I am waiting for the outside Christmas lights package before I drive into it.

Last edited:
I played the last release....it is looking quite good in game....not much in the way of a game yet but the areas look quite neat.

I'm not sure if you are capable, but if you don't want something don't buy it...I don't....if they can make extra to develop by having someone buy a birdbath hell I'm ok with it.

I'm not sure if you are capable, but if you don't want something don't buy it…I don't….if they can make extra to develop by having someone buy a birdbath hell I'm ok with it.

But they will use birdbath money to design jacuzzi... It's almost a year and a half since kickstarter ended and, s you have said yourself, not much in the way of a game.

But they will use birdbath money to design jacuzzi… It's almost a year and a half since kickstarter ended and, s you have said yourself, not much in the way of a game.

Um no....not much in concerns to a cognitive fully playable quests and everything in...however they do have advancement with levels and combat system is in....all housing is in....many areas and overland map working....it has come a very long way in a year. I played the original r1 and then r10...light years difference.

I guess I wasn't detailed in the fact you can't really play it from start to finish but it is developing. The graphics have come a long way...I was in an area(can't remember the name) that had a ton of undead and it was on some cliffs with water and fog...it looked great.....

do you honestly think they need a ton of money to develop a simple 3d object that someone spends money on? Probably takes them all of a couple hours and I bet many of them do it on their own time.

They had a really cool little dungeon they added to test a couple functions with the engine for mining and creatures. They have numerous cities in now....I'm still waiting to see how they will populate it so it doesn't feel empty without other players there.

Combat system is different and I find it actually quite interesting, setting up skills in a deck to give you a more interesting combinations.

It is coming, it just is a very ambitious project.

I'm not sure if you are capable, but if you don't want something don't buy it…I don't….if they can make extra to develop by having someone buy a birdbath hell I'm ok with it.

Well I haven't bought and can't see myself buying it. This is a shame as I was really hoping to see something better out of LB. I even enjoyed U9, but just seems to be him and his close buddies messing around because they can.

As for buying a bird bath or whatever they offer, if that is what people want to do with their money so be it. I just can't believe after this long they are still trying to pry money out of people for a game that seems to be going no where.

Are they still trying to get money out of people for this game????

The taste of 'bait n' switch' has never really left my mouth since the Kickstarter ended. Still, I'm holding out that this game will still offer a fun single player experience. I try not watch or read anything about this game because every time I do, a little bit of that hope-for-a-fun-single-player-experience dies.

I really don't like their updates. Compared to Larian's updates for D:OS, they are convoluted, messy, take too much time to digest, and always manage to have this cheesy Saturday morning cartoon vibe of, 'Hey KIDS... you can buy this X for the low low price of $Y... but wait! There's more...'

Anyway, I'm still hoping for the best but thankfully have D:OS in my hands to satiate that old U7 hunger I have.

Well I haven't bought and can't see myself buying it. This is a shame as I was really hoping to see something better out of LB. I even enjoyed U9, but just seems to be him and his close buddies messing around because they can.

As for buying a bird bath or whatever they offer, if that is what people want to do with their money so be it. I just can't believe after this long they are still trying to pry money out of people for a game that seems to be going no where.

You chose to ignore the rest of what I wrote. It is going somewhere, you haven't followed with what they are doing.

I've backed this, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll wait until they're a bit closer to actually being done.

Back
Top Bottom