Huxley news

StackSmasher

Crazy UNIX guy
For any of you folks here that are also into FPS games, IGN has a couple of good new preview articles on the upcoming MMOFPS Huxley. Information has been pretty scarce so far so this is kind of exciting. Thanks to BeyondUnreal which is where I found the information.

IGN Articles:
Huxley Progress Report
Huxley Character Creation and Skills
Huxley Cities and Questing
Huxley Combat

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this game as it might be able to fill the void left by PlanetSide after I quit playing.

Oooh, there's no crosshair? I'm intrigued already! Mass battles are always fun (though I generally prefer fast paced - I'm playing Warsow currently and loving it).

i have seen the trailer and it looks quite spiffy graphics-wise.

Oooh, there's no crosshair? I'm intrigued already! Mass battles are always fun (though I generally prefer fast paced - I'm playing Warsow currently and loving it).

As far as I can tell some weapons are iron sight and others have crosshairs but it's hard to tell at this point. Personally, I'd prefer iron sights on most stuff. The lure of 100 vs. 100 PvP battles is what I'm really biting at the bit for right now :) It will certainly be interesting to see how this title turns out.

Thanks for the linkage to Warsow, if I can ever get my 3D working correctly on my linux load on this box, it looks like an interesting game to hop on to without requiring a reboot. Especially considering that Epic hasn't released a Linux client for Unreal Tournament 3{60} yet and UT'99 runs at double speed under Linux for some reason...

Looks interesting, but I have to say that the lack of cross-hairs doesn't seem to do much for aiming in the videos ;)

I can't say that the current state has me thinking of definitely getting it. I found UT3 fairly fun but uninspired, and Tabula Rasa worse ... and this looks like a juxtaposition of the two.

I can't say that the current state has me thinking of definitely getting it. I found UT3 fairly fun but uninspired, and Tabula Rasa worse ... and this looks like a juxtaposition of the two.
I just don't know enough about Tabula Rasa to comment on that aspect, excepting the fact that I hear overly negative things about it. From what I've seen, Huxley is more of FPS meets persistent world/server and heavy emphasis is placed on player skill rather than stats, although stats still help, with some PvE quests thrown in for good measure.

Like I mentioned, I'm really looking forward to the 100 vs. 100 battles ala PlanetSide but, I'm sure, that's just a pipe dream... Then again if they pull it off, I'll be there like clockwork every night after my little girl gets tucked in :)

Back
Top Bottom