The Quest: Advice?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Downloaded this last night because it looks like Might and Magics 3-5. Anyone played through this and have any good starter tips? This looks/feels like a phone/web port, but I didn't really look into it. It was $10.

I remember refusing to buy that game on iPhone. If you don't return to a place, containers and mobs respawn after a week. Peh. I guess it's a starter tip? Don't revisit places until a week passes so you can grind a fortune.

Didn't even know they ported it on PC.

I played it around American thanksgiving, if I remember right. Yes, it is much like the Might and Magic games, and a ton of fun. Make sure you explore all over, as I found many interesting things in the world that had absolutely nothing to do with the main quest line. Crafting is well worth doing, materials lay around the world and respawn weekly, I believe. You can save tons of cash by making your own potions and such. If you enjoyed the Might and Magic games, I cannot see how this one would disappoint.

Yeah, its a mixture between Daggerfall and Might and Magic 3-5. The skills are a lot like in TES games, and so if you've played those, you should have a good idea what character builds work. The one thing I've noticed is that there aren't actually a huge amounts of quests in the game, and some of them require you play good or evil to complete, and a few are walled off if you don't have a good persuasion or stealth skill.

The one thing I've noticed is that there aren't actually a huge amounts of quests in the game.

Maybe that's why they called it The Quest rather than The Quests.

:biggrin: My jokes are awful.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. I chose a Derth mage and he's squishy but can do a ton of damage. I may actually buy a copy for my iphone and I really never play games on it.

I voted The Quest as the best RPG of 2015.

It is a cute little game. I'm surprised how much there is to do in the game considering it was written for a PDA originally.

Yep, me too. I've heard folks say that it is hard to get to level 12 in the original game, but that's nuts. I'm level 13 and I've barely done anything for the main quest.

Never seemed difficult to me for leveling either, I basically flew up to level ten before I really got into the meat of the quest. Got tons of experience just by clearing the maps.

Me too, and the Sunken Monastery was good for 4-5 levels by itself. That was a doozy.
In fact, it may have been my favorite dungeon in years, probably since Blackreach in Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom