DA:Inquisition - Jaws Of Hakkon Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you read my news-bit from yesterday then the following is not really new as BioWare has released the Jaws Of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Here is the new trailer.

First Singleplayer DLC Opens up New Story and Region with Powerful Foes, Legendary Armour and Weapons on Xbox One and PC First

GUILDFORD, UK – March 24, 2015 – BioWare™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) studio, today announced brand-new downloadable content (DLC) that expands the singleplayer experience for Dragon Age: Inquisition, winner of over 100 Game of the Year awards . Now available for digital download, the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon DLC adds an exciting new story arc to the campaign and expands on its already vast world with a new region of Thedas to explore. Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon is available first on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC via Origin™ for £11.99.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon will reveal the fate of the last Inquisitor and the powerful dragon he hunted. The new content expands the land of Thedas with a massive new playable area covered in mountains and lush forests, where danger lurks in the shadowy undergrowth. As players explore the vertical landscape and dense wilderness fighting off vicious enemies, they will collect legendary armour and weapons before unearthing an ancient secret that could destroy the world.

“We are humbled by the game’s reception so far but are not done with the world of Thedas just yet,” said Mike Laidlaw, Creative Director, BioWare. “We hope the new DLC speaks to our dedication of growing Inquisition with meaningful and exciting new content for our fans, new and old.”
More information.

It looks good….

Yeah, I got it and so far so good. I maybe should have been concerned about how they just kind of dumped this out there with absolutely no lead up or marketing or announcements. Just BAM released as a timed PC/Xbox One semi-exclusive.

I'd love to hear impressions from people who're not heavily biased against DA:I :)

How long is it?
Can't find the actual posting right now, but someone in the Bioware forums said it's 5-6 h, maybe 2-3 h if you rush it.

Now combat there looked really fun. How long do you need to play for it to be like that.

In my 6-7 hours it was nothing like that. No dodging, just standing there exchanging blows and using skills as the cool down expired.

Yea; I didn't care much for DA's combat. Some of the writing was very good but the actual combat was pretty lame. I mean I've played worse but I've also played way better. I much prefer Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3's combat to DA:I combat (note that 1,2 and 3 seemed to use slightly different combat so they aren't equiv). In DA:I I didn't 'avoid' combat but I also didn't particularly look for it either. King Bounty as fun combat as does Wolfenstein and D:OS:)

Combat wasn't that good, I agree. I think the game should have emphasised tactics and planning a lot more, but I can't say I'm shocked that it ended up playing more like a hack-fest with a few interesting fights here and there.

slightly OFF-TOPIC:

I am yet to play DA:I and I truly dislike the party system: it downright annoys me (you may flame if you like).

So I have decided to play solo - anyone has such experience? Any character build suggestions? How does such build translates to the new DLC?

There are a few specializations that can finish the game solo.
But I can't remember class names any more.

If Bioware didn't change AI to detect invisibility in DLC, then these solo characters can solo in DLC too.

Interesting that it's an XBox One AND PC exclusive. It's been a long time since Microsoft included us in one of their exclusivity bribes. Actually... have they EVER done that?

That never happened before.

I think you'll be seeing PC gamers being treated a bit better by Microsoft. They see the penguins gathering on the horizon...

I think you'll be seeing PC gamers being treated a bit better by Microsoft. They see the penguins gathering on the horizon…
Yep as they admitted they messed up on the PC with Windows Live, and abandoned PC Gamers to focus on the XBox Brand instead for the last ten years.

Now they are trying to compete with Steam with the new Windows 10 store. Still time will tell if they stick to their new vision, or focus more on the XBox once again.

Back
Top Bottom