Precursors - White Gold - Released @ GamersGate

Compared to what? Call of Duty? Its good for this type of low budget game / genre, that's what counts.

No, it's not. Precursors and White Gold were both fairly well covered by major gaming sites. It's not as if nobody knew about them. They finally get released world-wide, and barely sell more than 2000 copies in the first week.

What you're saying is that the publisher is not happy, that they're lying and expected more sales? I really doubt that you have more insight into sales than the publisher has. And no, the coverage isn't even close to good for these games, if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt even know they were released in english. I even tried googling it and very, very few sites had the US release covered, none of the major ones really, 99% of the sites was about the crack or the torrent..

The game is also just available on 1 download site from what i know (and even on GG it's not like it's first page news or anything), it can hardly be compared to a game that you can buy in stores or over Steam etc. Again, what are you comparing it to?

I'm not saying anything about the publisher. They obviously must have had extremely low expectations when they're acting happy about selling barely 2000 copies to the entire English speaking world.

And you're wrong about the coverage. I wasn't talking about the release, but rather the overall awareness of the games. The first 2 sites I checked, Gamespot and IGN, who are probably the 2 most popular video game websites for NA, have covered it since 2006-07. Not to mention it was also covered at E3.

I don't think a few screenshots and info is exactly "coverage", in that case every game in existance (almost) is covered there (hell, even C64 games are "covered" on Gamespot). And that wasnt even what i was saying, i said the english/US release isnt covered on the major sites, i couldnt find it at least.

2000 is a lot considering those people were probably just browsing the games on GG or seeing it covered here or some other specialized site. I think the price is very high for such a game too, i'd never buy it for that price at least, i was thinking they would sell closer to 200 than 2000.

Maybe it'll sell even more once people start to realize it's out in english.

And ofcourse they had extremely low expectatons, considering the extremely low coverage + high price and just being available on 1 site.

It's not simply a "few screenshots", IGN had full articles on it, but I'm not going to spin in circles with you on this. If you truly believe that 2000 copies sold to an audience that numbers in the tens of millions is "good", then so be it.

An article from 2006, yeah i'm sure people are still super hyped and remember that article / game ;) Yes i believe 2000 is good under the circumstances, so does the publisher. Until you care to say what you're comparing the sales to its not interesting to discuss for me.

Coverage for me has been "meh" really. Don't think I can remember any. The gaps are too big.

2000 units sold? That sounds pathetic. I've played it, and love it. Have put it on hold due to the flickering sky and audio bugs though. But they're happy with 2000 sold? Are they on Prozac? My first thought was "bankruptcy."

JDR, you're right that it isn't much compared to contemporary titles but you're exaggerating "worldwide release" and "full articles". Gamersgate itself would have limited awareness and those original articles are ancient. It got one press release from GFI and was then released a couple of days later (and too expensive). It's a miracle they sold any.

An article from 2006, yeah i'm sure people are still super hyped and remember that article / game ;) Yes i believe 2000 is good under the circumstances, so does the publisher. Until you care to say what you're comparing the sales to its not interesting to discuss for me.

Are you serious? I'm not comparing it to anything, it's common sense. They sold 2000 copies to America, Canada, Europe, etc. combined. I'm pretty sure even most indie titles sell more that that.

@Dhruin- Was there a previous English release that I wasn't aware of?

Are you serious? I'm not comparing it to anything

Then what's the point in saying it's a low number, what's the point in even commenting it if you refuse to compare it to at least something? You think 2000 is a low number, wow, that's so interesting, i think 2 is an even low number!

Numbers has to be put into comparison and proportion to something, otherwise they dont mean anything, im quite sure you're not so stupid that you dont understand this.

Last edited:
If you want to embarrass yourself then be my guest, but an 8 year old could comprehend that a non-indie video game selling only 2000 copies in all of North America + Europe would not be considered "good" in a general sense.

Like I said, they must have had *extremely* low expectations.

*Edit* Meh… It was a dumb argument. We were obviously looking at it in different contexts.

Last edited:
This would obviously sell less then an indie game since there was far less advertising then an indie game has. (which is only an announcement on the publishers site which is mainly for Russian releases and a few sites reporting on that) Any advertising that has happened for either game is way too old to be relevant and all hype based on that is gone. There are indie games which have sold less and the developer actually put in effort to market the game.

I haven't had any bugs with Precursors and by the way i don't think I have seen this many colors used in a video game. Beats the washed out graphics of most games lately
Amd Phenom quad core 4mb Nvidia 250gt and latest drivers
I think the problems with White Gold have all been addressed in that thread mentioned earlier. They even tell how to patch it with recovering your language files
Too bad these didn't get more press recently because they seem to be pretty awesome compared to some of the overpriced turkeys we have been getting here in the states.

I think the problems with White Gold have all been addressed in that thread mentioned earlier. They even tell how to patch it with recovering your language files

Would you please link me that thread? I can't seem to find a fix for the audio and flickering problem (without breaking the weather system).

Back
Top Bottom